DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT NTL digital STB additional use (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/150383-re-ot-ntl-digital-stb-additional-use.html)

Ian Stirling March 23rd 06 06:06 PM

OT NTL digital STB additional use

dave wrote:
NTL changes my analogue stb for a digital one yesterday. All works fine(!). I
esp. like having the radio channels on there with good quality sound - but it's
a pity have to have the TV on to listen to it. To my question...

Is there a way to get the (radio channels) sound from these STB radio channels
to another room somehow? Is there a way for have eg a 2nd tv (or some black-box)

Yes.
Look for a site explaining SCART wiring.
Basically, you want a remote extender, to let you use it from anotehr
room.
Then you want a SCART - phono adaptor, and some cables to an amp.

Wander round maplins site (http://www.maplin.co.uk/) and see if you find
anything suitable.

The output of the box will be enough to drive an amplifier, it will not
directly drive unamplified speakers.