Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Tenex

Default Laminate flooring or new floorboards?

I want to lay a laminate floor but wondered whether on aesthetic and cost
grounds it's better to lay new floorboards and sand/varnish. Any opinions?
The existing boards are really in too poor condition to be used (gaps you
could lose a foot down in some places ;-) ) and cement covered and oddly
filled in in others.

Any websites with advice on laying/preparing either would be appreciated.

One consideration is which would lead to least dust - we suffer from hugely
rubble filled voids and I'm concerned the central heating will raise dust if
there are gaps in boards (then again it'll give me the opportunity to clear
them I suppose).

TIA