Posted to uk.d-i-y
Leslie Eaton

Default sugar soap

I'm sure that man years ago I (and my father-in-law) used to use Sugar Soap
as a paint stripper.

I have bought some recently, and it doesn't mention paint stripping on the
label and it definitely isn't up to the job.

Do I have to get a recognised paint stripper these days.

Regards,

Les Eaton

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Leslie Eaton wrote:
I'm sure that man years ago I (and my father-in-law) used to use Sugar Soap
as a paint stripper.

I have bought some recently, and it doesn't mention paint stripping on the
label and it definitely isn't up to the job.

Do I have to get a recognised paint stripper these days.

Regards,

Les Eaton

its a soap, not a stripper

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Giggler

I'm sure that man years ago I (and my father-in-law) used to use Sugar Soap
as a paint stripper

Probably was in connection with paint preparation not stripping. It is
a great degreaser. I usually use it to wash down surfaces before
painting.

Do I have to get a recognised paint stripper these days.

There are alternative options to paint stripper depending on surface
and size of the job but I am not aware of other products that double as
a paint stripper.

Moira

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Leslie Eaton wrote:
I'm sure that man years ago I (and my father-in-law) used to use Sugar
Soap as a paint stripper.

I have bought some recently, and it doesn't mention paint stripping on
the label and it definitely isn't up to the job.

It's a cleaner you use on sound paint before re-painting etc. Strippers
are different.

--
*We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman

Leslie Eaton wrote:
I'm sure that man years ago I (and my father-in-law) used to use
Sugar Soap as a paint stripper.

Don't recall Sugar Soap ever being used or described as a paint stripper.
Excellent paint work cleaner prior to repainting, wouldn't be any good for
that if it did strip paint.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Sugar soap or sandpaper for interior door ? JS UK diy 5 November 30th 05 03:06 PM
does sugar soap deteriorate with age? ceg UK diy 7 September 20th 05 02:53 PM
sugar soap [email protected] UK diy 5 August 1st 05 10:01 PM
OT - Electrical - but not diy Andy Wade UK diy 7 September 6th 04 11:50 AM
Removing Sugar Soap Residue Nathan UK diy 1 December 28th 03 04:02 PM