DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Anybody had any dealings with 'Planet' double glazing co (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/149406-anybody-had-any-dealings-planet-double-glazing-co.html)

mad man March 16th 06 10:13 PM

Anybody had any dealings with 'Planet' double glazing co

Any feedback on how good or bad.

As they seem very cost effective.

Grunff March 16th 06 11:10 PM

mad man wrote:
Any feedback on how good or bad.

As they seem very cost effective.

Why is it that "cost effective" has almost completely replaced the word
"cheap"?

(sorry, no experience of the company, so can't comment on them)

--
Grunff

raden March 16th 06 11:32 PM

Anybody had any dealings with 'Planet' double glazing co

In message , Grunff
writes
mad man wrote:
Any feedback on how good or bad.
As they seem very cost effective.

Why is it that "cost effective" has almost completely replaced the word

"cheap"?

I saw some DVDs for sale today which were "Previously owned" rather than
second hand

--
geoff

Phil L March 16th 06 11:43 PM

Anybody had any dealings with 'Planet' double glazing co

raden wrote:
In message , Grunff
writes
mad man wrote:
Any feedback on how good or bad.
As they seem very cost effective.

Why is it that "cost effective" has almost completely replaced the
word "cheap"?

I saw some DVDs for sale today which were "Previously owned" rather
than second hand

That's along the same lines as a car dealer near me, who uses the vomitous
Americanism, 'Pre-Loved' to describe his cheesy collection of rusting
Cavaliers and clapped-out Fiats

[email protected] March 17th 06 01:11 AM

mad man wrote:
Any feedback on how good or bad.

As they seem very cost effective.

Never heard of them.

If they're near you can normally pop down and see their stuff being
made.

Rob Morley March 17th 06 08:00 AM

Anybody had any dealings with 'Planet' double glazing co

In article
Phil L wrote:
raden wrote:
In message , Grunff
writes
mad man wrote:
Any feedback on how good or bad.
As they seem very cost effective.

Why is it that "cost effective" has almost completely replaced the
word "cheap"?

I saw some DVDs for sale today which were "Previously owned" rather
than second hand

That's along the same lines as a car dealer near me, who uses the vomitous
Americanism, 'Pre-Loved' to describe his cheesy collection of rusting
Cavaliers and clapped-out Fiats

Pre-loved as in someone else has already shagged them?
I think the guy has a sense of humour.

Partac March 17th 06 09:00 AM

Anybody had any dealings with 'Planet' double glazing co

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Grunff
writes
mad man wrote:
Any feedback on how good or bad.
As they seem very cost effective.

Why is it that "cost effective" has almost completely replaced the word

"cheap"?

I saw some DVDs for sale today which were "Previously owned" rather than
second hand

The computer industry seems to be quite fond of the new age term
"re-manufactured"!

Andy Hall March 17th 06 10:01 AM

Anybody had any dealings with 'Planet' double glazing co

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 08:00:02 -0000, Rob Morley
wrote:

In article
Phil L wrote:
raden wrote:
In message , Grunff
writes
mad man wrote:
Any feedback on how good or bad.
As they seem very cost effective.

Why is it that "cost effective" has almost completely replaced the
word "cheap"?
I saw some DVDs for sale today which were "Previously owned" rather
than second hand

That's along the same lines as a car dealer near me, who uses the vomitous
Americanism, 'Pre-Loved' to describe his cheesy collection of rusting
Cavaliers and clapped-out Fiats

Pre-loved as in someone else has already shagged them?
I think the guy has a sense of humour.

Do keep in mind that the 'Merkins use the term "shagging" differently
to its common UK understanding

http://www.goshagging.com/

I suppose that both are "dancing" though....

--

..andy

http://www.usenet.com

Rob Morley March 17th 06 04:22 PM

Anybody had any dealings with 'Planet' double glazing co

In article
Andy Hall wrote:
snip

Do keep in mind that the 'Merkins use the term "shagging" differently
to its common UK understanding

I once asked the lass sitting next to me in Math (sic) if I could borrow
a rubber - it took a little explaining :-)

Jim Noble March 17th 06 04:44 PM

mad man wrote:
Any feedback on how good or bad.
As they seem very cost effective.

They don't currently seem to have a rating he

http://www.bfrc.org/Search_by_Performance%20(Outward%20opening).html

Which is odd, because they did when I looked a couple of weeks ago, as
confirmed (at the moment) by google's cache:

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:gWuRpARnz8UJ:www.bfrc.org/Search_by_Performance%2520(Outward%2520opening).ht ml+double-glazing+BFRC+rating+planet&hl=en&gl=uk&ct=clnk&cd= 1&client=firefox-a
( http://tinyurl.com/rhre3 )

Perhaps the fact that they were rated as "Band E" for energy efficiency
is related to the lack of appearance in the 1st link ...?

FWIW the house I moved into a year or two ago has some Planet Double
Glazing products. They're ok I suppose. The patio door could do with
being a bit stronger though - it wobbles and flexes alarmingly if you
swing the door open too quickly.

Nowhere near as nice as the ones we had put into a previous house though
(they were Rehau I think).

HTH,

Jim