DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How describe those cable ties for tidying cable? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/149342-how-describe-those-cable-ties-tidying-cable.html)

Jon D March 16th 06 03:09 PM

How describe those cable ties for tidying cable?

I am looking to buy what I might call "cable ties" or even "cable
tidies".

I do not mean the usual self-locking nylon strip that is called a
cable tie.
http://www.mpja.com/pictures/4529.jpg

And I do not mean the "re-usable" or "releasable" or "trigger
release" versions of the above.
http://www.computercablestore.com/im...cts/N-640R.jpg
http://www.panko21.com/images/releasable-tie.jpg
http://www.richco-inc.com/media/cata...es/WIT-XAR.gif

I mean something more like this:
http://www.securityseal.com/imagessi...enstaarten.jpg

The type I am thinking of is a sort of "cable tidy" which you
might get on the mains lead of a new TV. It tends to be wider
than the nylon ties, perhaps made of high-density polythene rather
than nylon, and had more exaggerated ridges than the last picture.

Does anyone know what the correct term is for that and where I can
get them in the UK?

[email protected] March 16th 06 03:15 PM

How describe those cable ties for tidying cable?

They are sold in garden shops as plant ties - various sizes for e.g.
fruit trees etc. Usually dark green or black only

cheers

Jacob

Scimmy March 16th 06 03:17 PM

How describe those cable ties for tidying cable?

Have you considered the velcro type used in the computing industry?

Charlie Drake March 16th 06 03:28 PM

Jon D wrote:
[...]

How about these

http://www.anca.co.uk/products.asp?cat=7&id=47

Charlie

Cicero March 16th 06 03:28 PM

"Jon D" wrote in message
[...]

===================
http://www.globalplastics.co.uk/main.htm

Look under cable ties / wire collect

Cic.

Martin Underwood March 16th 06 03:41 PM

How describe those cable ties for tidying cable?

Scimmy wrote in message
:

Have you considered the velcro type used in the computing industry?

Or the wire-in-plastic freezer-bag ties that are often used to keep cables
coiled up in the boxes of computer and hi-fi equipment.

Dave March 17th 06 07:25 AM

"Jon D" wrote in message
[...]

Try the 99p shop, if you have one near.
My local has nice bundles of all pretty colours.
I would not recommend the use of the metal cored, freezer bag tie, as this
will leave a sharp metal end, to either stab you with, or scratch the
motherboard causing a short.

Thank You

Philip Herlihy March 17th 06 10:12 AM

How describe those cable ties for tidying cable?

Try Maplin - "cable ties"

http://tinyurl.com/rzwwb

--
####################
## PH, London

Sponix March 17th 06 11:25 AM

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 15:09:27 GMT, Jon D wrote:

I mean something more like this:
http://www.securityseal.com/imagessi...enstaarten.jpg

Try www.cpc.co.uk

CBBR7716, CBBR7717, CBBR7866 and CBBR7867 are similar.

sponix

Wibble March 19th 06 08:24 PM

"Jon D" wrote in message
[...]

http://www.jl-draper.co.uk/

The above company are the UK distributor for what you are after.

Jon D March 20th 06 03:53 AM

On 16 Mar 2006, Jon D wrote:

I am looking to buy what I might call "cable ties" or even
"cable tidies".

I do not mean the usual self-locking nylon strip that is called
a cable tie. http://www.mpja.com/pictures/4529.jpg

Thank you to everyone who answered. Most helpful and I have got some
new ideas on what I might use. Cheers!