DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Steel Bath or Plastic (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/149070-steel-bath-plastic.html)

Stuart March 14th 06 10:24 PM

Steel Bath or Plastic

I may be buying a new bath soon and while in Homebase on other
business I picked up a catalogue and noticed that a number of their
baths were steel .
Can anyone tell me the advantages /disadvantages of steel against
plastic(?) ..........I imagine they are sturdier but do they chip
easily .??? How much heavier are they size for size.I live in a
second floor flat ,not that I will be carrying it up myself ..

Stuart

Colin Wilson March 14th 06 10:57 PM

Steel Bath or Plastic

Can anyone tell me the advantages /disadvantages of steel against
plastic(?)

This comes up every 2-3 weeks - it might be useful to do a quick
google for this group to get some previous responses.

--
--- Please add "newsgroup" in the subject of any personal replies ---
--- My anti-spam address has "ngspamtrap" & @btinternet.com in it ---

Nick March 14th 06 11:17 PM

Steel Bath or Plastic

Stuart wrote:

I may be buying a new bath soon and while in Homebase on other
business I picked up a catalogue and noticed that a number of their
baths were steel .
Can anyone tell me the advantages /disadvantages of steel against
plastic(?) ..........I imagine they are sturdier but do they chip
easily .??? How much heavier are they size for size.I live in a
second floor flat ,not that I will be carrying it up myself ..

Last discussed on 4 March:
http://groups.google.com/group/uk.d-...f9af160910baf3

Sponix March 15th 06 09:30 AM

Steel Bath or Plastic

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 22:24:41 +0000, Stuart
wrote:

I may be buying a new bath soon and while in Homebase on other
business I picked up a catalogue and noticed that a number of their
baths were steel .
Can anyone tell me the advantages /disadvantages of steel against
plastic(?) ..........I imagine they are sturdier but do they chip
easily .??? How much heavier are they size for size.I live in a
second floor flat ,not that I will be carrying it up myself ..

Steel:

Advantages: Strong, sturdy, will last a long time

Disadvantages: Will chip if hit hard, discolours with incorrect
cleaning chemicals

Plastic:

Advantages: Cheap, warm to touch

Disadvantages: Surface scratches very quickly, cracks easily, bath
flexes when full.

sponix