DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Acoustic Glass..... (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/149028-acoustic-glass.html)

[email protected] March 14th 06 12:47 PM

Acoustic Glass.....

Hi,

Is there anyway of telling if glass fitted in a double glazed unit is
acoustic glass?

Cheers

[email protected] March 14th 06 01:22 PM

Acoustic Glass.....

PS just remembered - sound reduction can be aided by using glass of
differing thicknesses in a DG unit i.e. they resonate at diff
frequencies and hence may dampen each others transmissions.
So are OPs glasses different thicknesses?

cheers
Jacob

Miggins March 14th 06 04:04 PM

Acoustic Glass.....

Yeah you can. Its a laminate with a special layer of a plastic which
reduces sound. I have had some fitted at extra cost to normal glass.

Am just wanting to confirm that i have indeed been fitted with acoustic
glass.

Roly March 14th 06 10:11 PM

Acoustic Glass.....

Miggins wrote:

Yeah you can. Its a laminate with a special layer of a plastic which
reduces sound. I have had some fitted at extra cost to normal glass.

Am just wanting to confirm that i have indeed been fitted with acoustic
glass.

Presumably there is some sort of manufacturer's mark on the glass. You
could check with the manufacturer and ask them to explain what type of
glass it is.