DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   ??? Balancing radiators on CH system*** (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/148915-balancing-radiators-ch-system%2A%2A%2A.html)

fredbloggstwo March 13th 06 07:12 PM

??? Balancing radiators on CH system***

Hi all,

I have searched the posts I can find and cannot find the advice on this so
don't blast me.

How does one go about balancing the rads on a central heating system and the
system as a whole?

The system is pumped, conventional 22/15mm piping, 2 storey house 1934s
semi.
10 rads in total and all are 2 panel with fins and all fitted with TRVs.
The pump is a Grundfoss 3-speed and the thermostat is in the hall with a
single zone.
Pump also does the hot water and is located next to the hot water tank on
the first floor in the airing cupboard
The boiler is downstairs and is a Potterton balanced flue.

Also, should the pump be on full or a lower speed?

Guidelines or a pointer to a guide would be gratefully received.

Thanks, Mike

fredbloggstwo March 13th 06 07:52 PM

??? Balancing radiators on CH system***

"Aidan" wrote in message