DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   removing a door frame (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/148074-removing-door-frame.html)

Neil March 8th 06 09:54 AM

removing a door frame

Hi

In my bedroom i have two door frames side by side and joined. one is
the entrance to a side room we are using as a walk in wardrobe, the
other is just about 30cm deep and seems to have been a cupboard (this
one doesnt have a door on). I was thinking about removing the door
frame from this obsolete cupboard and was wondering if there would be
any impications in doing this the frames are flush with each other
where they join so im a bit concerned that'll it'll bring the frame off
i wish to keep on if I start removing it. Perhaps it would be easier
just to paint the frame and leave it, what do you think?

Neil

Lobster March 8th 06 02:51 PM

removing a door frame

Neil wrote:
In my bedroom i have two door frames side by side and joined. one is
the entrance to a side room we are using as a walk in wardrobe, the
other is just about 30cm deep and seems to have been a cupboard (this
one doesnt have a door on). I was thinking about removing the door
frame from this obsolete cupboard and was wondering if there would be
any impications in doing this the frames are flush with each other
where they join so im a bit concerned that'll it'll bring the frame off
i wish to keep on if I start removing it. Perhaps it would be easier
just to paint the frame and leave it, what do you think?

For a start, depends what sort of wall the doors are in; whether they
are load-bearing walls; whether the walls were constructed with lintels
over the doors... lots more info required.

David