DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Hilti TE Rotary Hammer (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/147941-hilti-te-rotary-hammer.html)

[email protected] March 7th 06 01:20 PM

Hilti TE Rotary Hammer

I was told that this is one of the best rotary hammer. Any idea why is
it so good?

mrcheerful March 7th 06 09:51 PM

Hilti TE Rotary Hammer

wrote in message
ups.com...
I was told that this is one of the best rotary hammer. Any idea why is
it so good?

they just do it, I have an ancient te60 that I rescued from a hire company
junk sale, it had suffered massive abuse after years of hire, all the (few)
parts I needed were easy to get, and it works as new again, there is no
effort involved, apart from physically picking it up. for domestic stuff a
te17 would be more suitable.

mrcheerful

[email protected] March 8th 06 04:32 AM

Hilti TE Rotary Hammer

thanks for your reply, I was offered a TE 24 or 25 at a pretty low
price, not sure if i should take it. whats the characteristic of an
hilti? They seem incredibly hard hitting. I need a tool for small 5 - 6
mm holes in concrete. Sometimes 13 mm holes but rarely. using a
Bosch sds now.

MrBlueSkye March 8th 06 03:20 PM

Hilti TE Rotary Hammer

wrote in message
oups.com...
thanks for your reply, I was offered a TE 24 or 25 at a pretty low
price, not sure if i should take it. whats the characteristic of an
hilti? They seem incredibly hard hitting. I need a tool for small 5 - 6
mm holes in concrete. Sometimes 13 mm holes but rarely. using a
Bosch sds now.

Hilti are the best drills know to mankind if it's a low price and all in
good working order, grab it.

[email protected] March 9th 06 06:40 AM

Hilti TE Rotary Hammer

thanks for the advise, I finally got it. came with quite a few drill
bits but only the smallest at 6 mm bit was more suitable for me. The
remaining are just too huge for me. was wondering if it would drill a 5
mm bit ok.

A little overkill for me now, but probably find some use for it next
time.

The small drill bits that i use are cheap, maybe in this part of the
world where I stay. They cost about 2 - 2.5 quids each.