DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Replacement feet/wheels for office chair (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/147857-replacement-feet-wheels-office-chair.html)

Chris Styles March 6th 06 11:44 PM

Replacement feet/wheels for office chair

To avoid ruining the flooring I have just put down, I'd like to swap the
bog-standard castors on my office chair for either a rubberised castors, or
even normal feet (which can then have felt pads applied)

The castors on my chair are not threaded, but are a 10mm dia peg, 20mm long
with an O-ring in a small groove 5mm from the top of the peg (as a locking
mechanism I guess)

Can anyone suggest somewhere where I might find these? Screwfix sell
castors, but they don't look any different from what is already on there...

Cheers,

Chris

raden March 7th 06 12:07 AM

Replacement feet/wheels for office chair

In message , Chris
Styles writes
To avoid ruining the flooring I have just put down, I'd like to swap the
bog-standard castors on my office chair for either a rubberised castors, or
even normal feet (which can then have felt pads applied)

The castors on my chair are not threaded, but are a 10mm dia peg, 20mm long
with an O-ring in a small groove 5mm from the top of the peg (as a locking
mechanism I guess)

Can anyone suggest somewhere where I might find these? Screwfix sell
castors, but they don't look any different from what is already on there...

I might be able to do you a swap

one of my employees has the opposite problem

take it to email ...

--
geoff

Andrew Gabriel March 7th 06 08:33 AM

Replacement feet/wheels for office chair

In article ,
"Chris Styles" writes:
To avoid ruining the flooring I have just put down, I'd like to swap the
bog-standard castors on my office chair for either a rubberised castors, or
even normal feet (which can then have felt pads applied)

The castors on my chair are not threaded, but are a 10mm dia peg, 20mm long
with an O-ring in a small groove 5mm from the top of the peg (as a locking
mechanism I guess)

Can anyone suggest somewhere where I might find these? Screwfix sell
castors, but they don't look any different from what is already on there...

Some of the IKEA office chairs have the wheels as separate items,
so you can choose hard or rubber wheels.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Roger Wareham March 7th 06 09:35 AM

Chris Styles wrote:

To avoid ruining the flooring I have just put down, I'd like to swap the
bog-standard castors on my office chair for either a rubberised castors, or
even normal feet (which can then have felt pads applied)

The castors on my chair are not threaded, but are a 10mm dia peg, 20mm long
with an O-ring in a small groove 5mm from the top of the peg (as a locking
mechanism I guess)

Can anyone suggest somewhere where I might find these? Screwfix sell
castors, but they don't look any different from what is already on there...

Why not just get a set of castor cups to go under the castors?

Roger.

Rob Morley March 7th 06 01:40 PM

Replacement feet/wheels for office chair

In article
Roger Wareham wrote:
Chris Styles wrote:

To avoid ruining the flooring I have just put down, I'd like to swap the
bog-standard castors on my office chair for either a rubberised castors, or
even normal feet (which can then have felt pads applied)

The castors on my chair are not threaded, but are a 10mm dia peg, 20mm long
with an O-ring in a small groove 5mm from the top of the peg (as a locking
mechanism I guess)

Can anyone suggest somewhere where I might find these? Screwfix sell
castors, but they don't look any different from what is already on there...

Why not just get a set of castor cups to go under the castors?

Kind of defeats the object of being able to wheel the chair around ...

[email protected] March 7th 06 03:16 PM

Replacement feet/wheels for office chair

Rob Morley wrote:
In article
Roger Wareham wrote:
Chris Styles wrote:

To avoid ruining the flooring I have just put down, I'd like to swap the
bog-standard castors on my office chair for either a rubberised castors, or
even normal feet (which can then have felt pads applied)

The castors on my chair are not threaded, but are a 10mm dia peg, 20mm long
with an O-ring in a small groove 5mm from the top of the peg (as a locking
mechanism I guess)

Can anyone suggest somewhere where I might find these? Screwfix sell
castors, but they don't look any different from what is already on there...

Why not just get a set of castor cups to go under the castors?

Kind of defeats the object of being able to wheel the chair around ...

Clue: quote from the OP "or even normal feet (which can then have felt
pads applied)"

MBQ

raden March 7th 06 10:13 PM

Replacement feet/wheels for office chair

In message , Chris
Styles writes
To avoid ruining the flooring I have just put down, I'd like to swap the
bog-standard castors on my office chair for either a rubberised castors, or
even normal feet (which can then have felt pads applied)

The castors on my chair are not threaded, but are a 10mm dia peg,

Are you sure it's 10mm ?

I measured the spare set of feet I have and they have an 11mm dia peg

--
geoff

Chris Styles March 8th 06 12:19 AM

Replacement feet/wheels for office chair

Are you sure it's 10mm ?

Not exactly. I dont own a pair of calipers... they would be useful for
various things though...

I measured the spare set of feet I have and they have an 11mm dia peg

I measured mine with a ruler, so i guess +/- 1mm would be about right, what
with my eyes an' all.

Cheers

Chris

raden March 8th 06 01:25 AM

Replacement feet/wheels for office chair

In message , Chris
Styles writes

Are you sure it's 10mm ?

Not exactly. I dont own a pair of calipers... they would be useful for
various things though...

I measured the spare set of feet I have and they have an 11mm dia peg

I measured mine with a ruler, so i guess +/- 1mm would be about right, what
with my eyes an' all.

So, I have a set of castors and want wheels, you want the opposite

as I said, take it to email

geoff at cetltd.co.uk would be best, but the above should work
--
geoff