DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Composite Front Doors & Fittings (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/147686-composite-front-doors-fittings.html)

Fred Finisterre March 6th 06 12:00 AM

Composite Front Doors & Fittings

Looking for a supplier of a coloured, composite, secure front door. Perhaps
black (doesn't seem to be a very common colour), without a phoney woodgrain
finish, and with either no glass, or a little bit of plain glass at the top.

Also, some not too fussy, solid and classy fittings (letterbox, handle,
knocker etc.) for said door.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Fred.

The3rd Earl Of Derby March 6th 06 06:43 AM

Fred Finisterre wrote:
Looking for a supplier of a coloured, composite, secure front door.
Perhaps black (doesn't seem to be a very common colour), without a
phoney woodgrain finish, and with either no glass, or a little bit of
plain glass at the top.

Also, some not too fussy, solid and classy fittings (letterbox,
handle, knocker etc.) for said door.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Fred.

Dunno about the doors. I'd try and find a salvage yard in you're area and
go for the Victorian chunky doors.

Here's the door furniture.
http://www.diytools.co.uk/diy/Main/knobsandknockers.asp
--

Sir Benjamin Midllethwaite

Stark Raving March 6th 06 10:45 AM

Composite Front Doors & Fittings

"Fred Finisterre" asked:
Looking for a supplier of a coloured, composite, secure front door.
Perhaps black (doesn't seem to be a very common colour), without a phoney
woodgrain finish, and with either no glass, or a little bit of plain glass
at the top.

Also, some not too fussy, solid and classy fittings (letterbox, handle,
knocker etc.) for said door.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Fred.

My neighbour has just bought and fitted a smooth finish composite door from
Magnet. His is green but as far as I know you can chose black.