Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default Deburring copper pipe

"Andy Hall" aka Matt wrote in message
On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 17:33:39 -0000, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"PM" wrote in message

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message

When I installed my central heating, I treated myself to a good
quality wheeled pipe cutter. Slotted into the body of it was a
separate deburrer of a type I'd never seen before, and without
any instructions, it took me a few moments to work out how to
use it, but it's brilliant once you have. I can't see the same
make anywhere on the web, but this one is the same principle:

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/234-1522

Just ordered the Screwfix equivalent, I'll give it a try.

Send it back and order the cone cutter.

You're like a broken record.

** snip Matt making things up **

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
Andy Hall writes:

How is it used? Like a vegetable peeler?

You insert the tip in the pipe, and run it round the inside
edge a couple of times with a reasonable force against the
edge. The burr comes off as a single piece of swarf (after
a few practice runs).

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
PM

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
t...
In article
PM wrote:

"Stuart" wrote in message

Do you mean when the end of the pipe gets turned in slightly when you
use a pipe cutter..??

Yes

Could you utilise a round file instead ..

Could do, but it is more time consuming and I have got a lot to do.

http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=32484

or cheaper on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=7594342357

They are listed as router bits - could I use them in a drill?

I liked the ebay item - the top line of "See more great items from this
seller" shows three deburring tools and a packet of condoms :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
PM

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"PM" wrote in message

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message

When I installed my central heating, I treated myself to a good
quality wheeled pipe cutter. Slotted into the body of it was a
separate deburrer of a type I'd never seen before, and without
any instructions, it took me a few moments to work out how to
use it, but it's brilliant once you have. I can't see the same
make anywhere on the web, but this one is the same principle:

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/234-1522

Just ordered the Screwfix equivalent, I'll give it a try.

Send it back and order the cone cutter.

I'll let you know how I get on with the hand tool, if I have a problem with
it I will try the cone cutter.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Morley

In article
PM wrote:
snip

They are listed as router bits - could I use them in a drill?

It's basically a rotary file and you can use it in anything that will
make it rotate at a reasonable speed. I;m not sure that a drill would
be very easy to handle in that sort of application though - my router
has a removeable motor so I can use it as a die grinder.

I liked the ebay item - the top line of "See more great items from this
seller" shows three deburring tools and a packet of condoms :-)

It's very important to take precautions when using this sort of tool
:-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
PM

Andy Hall writes:

How is it used? Like a vegetable peeler?

You insert the tip in the pipe, and run it round the inside
edge a couple of times with a reasonable force against the
edge. The burr comes off as a single piece of swarf (after
a few practice runs).

Bought the Screwfix equivalent, it is much better than the original tool I
had, very easy to use and does what I want. Thanks for the pointer Andy.