DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Flavel Emberglow sticking control, DIY ? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/147313-flavel-emberglow-sticking-control-diy.html)

Mik March 3rd 06 12:39 PM

Flavel Emberglow sticking control, DIY ?

Hi , I have a Flavel Emberglow which is now around 2 years old. The gas
control valve has started to stick. This is most evident when it has
been full on for a while, as though the heat is causing it to seize.
A Corgi fitter is coming out next week, but I wondered if just greasing
it ( as they suggest they will do ) will sort it?
Its the first gas fire we have owned , so not sure if this is a common
thing to occur.
I take it DIY for this would be dangerous?illegal ? Just testing :)
( I can hear a sucking in of breath :)
Hello to group, by the way.
Mik