DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Kinked Hep2O pipe (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/147231-kinked-hep2o-pipe.html)

[email protected] March 2nd 06 10:50 PM

Kinked Hep2O pipe

I kninked some 22mm Hep20 pipe as I was bending it. The kink mark can
be seen. The pipe is not leaking and appears OK. Will this kink
degrade the pipe? Will I have to replace the length?

TIA

[email protected] March 3rd 06 09:35 AM

Kinked Hep2O pipe

wrote:
I kninked some 22mm Hep20 pipe as I was bending it. The kink mark can
be seen. The pipe is not leaking and appears OK. Will this kink
degrade the pipe? Will I have to replace the length?

TIA

Cut it out with a hacksaw and graft in anew section.

MBQ

[email protected] March 4th 06 09:22 AM

Kinked Hep2O pipe

I kninked some 22mm Hep20 pipe as I was bending it. The kink mark can
be seen. The pipe is not leaking and appears OK. Will this kink
degrade the pipe? Will I have to replace the length?

TIA

Cut it out with a hacksaw and graft in anew section.

Although this would solve the problem by removing the section of the
affeceted pipe, it doesn't answer the question about the intregrity of
the kinked plastic pipe. If I have easily kinked plastic pipe many
others must have done the same and must be a common thing.

Aidan March 4th 06 12:36 PM

Kinked Hep2O pipe

I kninked some 22mm Hep20 pipe as I was bending it.

Look on the Hep2O website FAQ or send an e-mail to Hepworths technical
department.
You can remove kinks from PEX by heating it, use that the next time.

Cut it out with a hacksaw and graft in a new section.

Use a pipe cutter. Only Drivel uses a hacksaw on plastic tubes; he
blames the defective fittings for the subsequent leak.

Aidan March 4th 06 09:50 PM

Kinked Hep2O pipe

Doctor Drivel wrote:

Use a pipe cutter. Only Drivel uses a hacksaw on plastic tubes; he
blames the defective fittings for the subsequent leak.

Defective fittings usually do leak. Duh!!!

I rest my case. The fittings were innocent.

Doctor Drivel March 5th 06 12:05 AM

Kinked Hep2O pipe

"Aidan" wrote in message
oups.com...

Doctor Drivel wrote:

Use a pipe cutter. Only Drivel uses a hacksaw on plastic tubes; he
blames the defective fittings for the subsequent leak.

Defective fittings usually do leak. Duh!!!

I rest my case.

You do carry excess baggage.