Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive

Default Cleaning red wine stain off laminate work surface

Hi,

I have an unfortunate blue ring on my relatively new laminate kitchen
work surface due to red wine. Any cleaning material that is effective
for removing this mark but not damaging to the laminate?

Thanks

Clive

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman

Clive wrote:
Hi,

I have an unfortunate blue ring on my relatively new laminate kitchen
work surface due to red wine. Any cleaning material that is effective
for removing this mark but not damaging to the laminate?

Paste made from biological washing powder & water. Leave for 10 mins. Or
just bleach to remove the colour.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Clive wrote:
Hi,

I have an unfortunate blue ring on my relatively new laminate
kitchen work surface due to red wine. Any cleaning material that is
effective for removing this mark but not damaging to the laminate?

Thanks

Clive

I didn't know laminate stained?

--

Sir Benjamin Midllethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 17:11:37 GMT, "The3rd Earl Of Derby"
wrote:

Clive wrote:
Hi,

I have an unfortunate blue ring on my relatively new laminate
kitchen work surface due to red wine. Any cleaning material that is
effective for removing this mark but not damaging to the laminate?

Thanks

Clive

I didn't know laminate stained?

It can do, and even more likely as it gets older.

Red wine is pretty effective at staining a lot of things....

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

"Clive" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I have an unfortunate blue ring on my relatively new laminate kitchen
work surface due to red wine. Any cleaning material that is effective
for removing this mark but not damaging to the laminate?

In my experience (very long with wine!) it will gradually fade and become
invisible.

In my experience (see above) there's no quick fix.

Mary