DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Curtain tracks (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/146612-curtain-tracks.html)

D.M. Procida February 27th 06 03:09 PM

Curtain tracks

Are there any curtain track systems which aren't made of plastic and
which can go round bay windows? How did the Victorians manage it?

Are there any which would work with curtains which don't have those
little plastic hooks in them?

Daniele

John Cartmell February 27th 06 03:23 PM

Curtain tracks

In article
,
D.M. Procida wrote:
Are there any curtain track systems which aren't made of plastic and
which can go round bay windows? How did the Victorians manage it?

Brass I prisms.
Bent 'em.
(or at least that's what we did in the 1950s & 60s!)

Are there any which would work with curtains which don't have those
little plastic hooks in them?

You could use little brass hooks ...

What's wrng with plastic and how/why do you want it to be different?

Stuart February 27th 06 03:26 PM

Curtain tracks

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 15:09:07 +0000,
(D.M. Procida) wrote:

Are there any curtain track systems which aren't made of plastic and
which can go round bay windows? How did the Victorians manage it?

Are there any which would work with curtains which don't have those
little plastic hooks in them?

Daniele

Try here ..
http://www.curtain-corner.com/

Stuart

The3rd Earl Of Derby February 27th 06 03:32 PM

Curtain tracks

D.M. Procida wrote:
Are there any curtain track systems which aren't made of plastic and
which can go round bay windows? How did the Victorians manage it?

Are there any which would work with curtains which don't have those
little plastic hooks in them?

Daniele

The Victorians used brass curtain poles,same as we use today with the ring
and eyelet hence why they where brought into fashion.
What sort of hook they used to hang the curtains I dunno?

--

Sir Benjamin Midllethwaite

Chris Bacon February 27th 06 03:34 PM

Curtain tracks

D.M. Procida wrote:
Are there any curtain track systems which aren't made of plastic and
which can go round bay windows?

I used wooden poles and rings, with four brackets, and
four curtains.

The3rd Earl Of Derby February 27th 06 03:34 PM

Curtain tracks

http://www.coxsarchitectural.co.uk/c...e-fittings.htm
--

Sir Benjamin Midllethwaite

D.M. Procida February 27th 06 03:39 PM

Curtain tracks

John Cartmell wrote:

Are there any curtain track systems which aren't made of plastic and
which can go round bay windows? How did the Victorians manage it?

Brass I prisms.
Bent 'em.
(or at least that's what we did in the 1950s & 60s!)

Are there any which would work with curtains which don't have those
little plastic hooks in them?

You could use little brass hooks ...

What's wrng with plastic and how/why do you want it to be different?

We want curtain poles, rather than those tracks which go behind the
curtains. Tricky to find going-round-corner curtain poles...

Daniele

The3rd Earl Of Derby February 27th 06 03:45 PM

Curtain tracks

D.M. Procida wrote:
John Cartmell wrote:

Are there any curtain track systems which aren't made of plastic and
which can go round bay windows? How did the Victorians manage it?

Brass I prisms.
Bent 'em.
(or at least that's what we did in the 1950s & 60s!)

Are there any which would work with curtains which don't have those
little plastic hooks in them?

You could use little brass hooks ...

What's wrng with plastic and how/why do you want it to be different?

We want curtain poles, rather than those tracks which go behind the
curtains. Tricky to find going-round-corner curtain poles...

Daniele

In that case...copper pipe bent to meet the corners and held in position at
three stages "end middle end" you can get the fixings here...

http://tinyurl.com/putft
Or you're local plumbers. Spray the copper pipe with hammerite white spray
paint.

--

Sir Benjamin Midllethwaite

rob February 27th 06 03:49 PM

Curtain tracks

yes we got them from the local curtain shop , they have 4 bends in
them.
the shop measured up and had them made. work perfect .
the downside of this is they where expensive.
rob

The3rd Earl Of Derby February 27th 06 04:00 PM

Curtain tracks

rob wrote:
yes we got them from the local curtain shop , they have 4 bends in
them.
the shop measured up and had them made. work perfect .
the downside of this is they where expensive.
rob

Yup! I got quoted £65 for mine, so made my own at £10, far cheaper than the
average curtain poles even.
--

Sir Benjamin Midllethwaite

The Natural Philosopher February 28th 06 10:43 AM

Curtain tracks

D.M. Procida wrote:
John Cartmell wrote:

Are there any curtain track systems which aren't made of plastic and
which can go round bay windows? How did the Victorians manage it?

Brass I prisms.
Bent 'em.
(or at least that's what we did in the 1950s & 60s!)

Are there any which would work with curtains which don't have those
little plastic hooks in them?

You could use little brass hooks ...

What's wrng with plastic and how/why do you want it to be different?

We want curtain poles, rather than those tracks which go behind the
curtains. Tricky to find going-round-corner curtain poles...

et some straight ones and bend em.

Jim Lawrence will make em up for you I am sure..

www.jimlawrence.co.uk

Daniele