DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Is a u-bend still required for sink without washing machine? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/146330-u-bend-still-required-sink-without-washing-machine.html)

[email protected] February 25th 06 02:23 PM

Is a u-bend still required for sink without washing machine?

Just a thought,

do I still need a u-bend if I don't have a washing machine ?

The kit I brought from B&Q seems to indicate that I don't need one.

Nigel Molesworth February 25th 06 02:27 PM

On 25 Feb 2006 06:23:29 -0800, wrote:

do I still need a u-bend if I don't have a washing machine ?

Yes. You'll find it difficult to connect the pipework without one.

--
Nigel M

[email protected] February 25th 06 02:45 PM

Is a u-bend still required for sink without washing machine?

Thanks again Nigel.

That's twice in 1 day you've helped me.

Merryterry February 25th 06 02:47 PM

Is a u-bend still required for sink without washing machine?

..do I still need a u-bend if I don't have a washing machine ?

Not if you dont mind the smell of your drains in the kitchen. It is
called a 'trap' becuase it traps drain smells.

The3rd Earl Of Derby February 25th 06 03:33 PM

Merryterry wrote:
.do I still need a u-bend if I don't have a washing machine ?

Not if you dont mind the smell of your drains in the kitchen. It is
called a 'trap' becuase it traps drain smells.

Nope! it traps clean water which acts as a barrier for drain smells. ;-)
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Merryterry February 26th 06 03:03 PM

Is a u-bend still required for sink without washing machine?

Nope! it traps clean water which acts as a barrier for drain smells. ;-)

Smart Arse! Not if you pour dirty water down the sink!

Rick February 26th 06 04:01 PM

Is a u-bend still required for sink without washing machine?

On 25 Feb 2006 06:23:29 -0800, "
wrote:

Just a thought,

do I still need a u-bend if I don't have a washing machine ?

Yes

The kit I brought from B&Q seems to indicate that I don't need one.

Hummmm

Chris J Dixon February 26th 06 05:51 PM

wrote:

Just a thought,

do I still need a u-bend if I don't have a washing machine ?

The kit I brought from B&Q seems to indicate that I don't need one.

Does it by any chance include one of those space-saving in-line
traps with the rubber lay-flat pipe which has the same overall
function, but externally looks much like a straight length of
pipe?

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK