DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   can't figure out how to cut 40mm plastic pipe (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/146311-cant-figure-out-how-cut-40mm-plastic-pipe.html)

[email protected] February 25th 06 10:24 AM

can't figure out how to cut 40mm plastic pipe

i brought this tool from toolstation for cutting plastic pipe.

i ca't fit the 40mm pipe in the cutter. am i using it wrong ?

whats the right way.

Ian Stirling February 25th 06 11:17 AM

wrote:
i brought this tool from toolstation for cutting plastic pipe.

i ca't fit the 40mm pipe in the cutter. am i using it wrong ?

whats the right way.

Hacksaw, or lever-action secateurs.

Dave Fawthrop February 25th 06 11:24 AM

On 25 Feb 2006 11:17:08 GMT, Ian Stirling wrote:

wrote:
| i brought this tool from toolstation for cutting plastic pipe.
|
| i ca't fit the 40mm pipe in the cutter. am i using it wrong ?
|
| whats the right way.
|
|Hacksaw, or lever-action secateurs.

Then a file to get rid of the rough bits, and emery paper/cloth if you
really need it smooth.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Freedom of Speech, Expression, Religion, and Democracy are

Lobster February 25th 06 11:58 AM

wrote:
i brought this tool from toolstation for cutting plastic pipe.

i ca't fit the 40mm pipe in the cutter. am i using it wrong ?

I guess that would depend on which tool it was you bought, eh? How
about a hint?

David

Holly, in France February 25th 06 12:28 PM

Dave Fawthrop wrote:
On 25 Feb 2006 11:17:08 GMT, Ian Stirling

i brought this tool from toolstation for cutting plastic pipe.

i ca't fit the 40mm pipe in the cutter. am i using it wrong ?

whats the right way.

Hacksaw, or lever-action secateurs.

Or old wood saw.

Then a file to get rid of the rough bits,

Or run a blade of a penknife around it inside and out taking off the
rough edges - quicker and easier IME than a file.

and emery paper/cloth if you really need it smooth.

--
Holly, in France
Gite to let in Dordogne, now with pool.

Nigel Molesworth February 25th 06 12:36 PM

On 25 Feb 2006 02:24:55 -0800, wrote:

i ca't fit the 40mm pipe in the cutter. am i using it wrong ?

If you mean this one:

http://www.toolstation.com/messages.html?code=69222

then you need to fully close it first.

--
Nigel M

[email protected] February 25th 06 02:11 PM

can't figure out how to cut 40mm plastic pipe

yes that's the one Nigel.

ok, I will give it another go.