Clive

Default Anyone got a Drayton Tempus Three Central Heating control

Friend has just moved into new house, and go a Drayton Tempus Three timer on
the heating.

I am usually good with such things but just cannot work it out. Two on/off
periods can be set (which I assume are for both HW and CH).

There are two sides to this control for HW and CH, and the following can be
selected

OFF
ONCE
TWICE
CONT

I assume that the control automatically moves between on and off depending
on the time, with the option to overide the programme

What I dont understand is why the rads are not getting hot (no TRV) as there
seems to be no option to switch the HW on auto with CH Off

Can anyone give any help.

p.s I have search the Drayton website for instructions and only get the
Tempus 7 -

http://www.climate-eu.invensys.com/U...%20page%20.pdf

This model however has OFF,AUTO, ON, BOOST so I could just put the HW on
AUTO and the CH on OFF.

The way I feel at the moment I will just rip it out and replace with a
CENTAURPLUS C27 ELECTRONIC PROGRAMMER from Screwfix
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...07073&id=11225 which benefits
from a Manual and 7 day timer

Alan

In message , Clive
wrote

Friend has just moved into new house, and go a Drayton Tempus Three timer on
the heating.

How old is the Controller. Tempus have re-used the names for different
products - I have a Tempus 7 that looks nothing like the Tempus 7 on the
web site

I am usually good with such things but just cannot work it out. Two on/off
periods can be set (which I assume are for both HW and CH).

Yes

There are two sides to this control for HW and CH, and the following can be
selected

OFF
ONCE
TWICE
CONT

The same controls as mine.

What I dont understand is why the rads are not getting hot (no TRV) as there
seems to be no option to switch the HW on auto with CH Off

The two red lights indicate that the heating or water is on.

Even with the CH set to on the room thermostat will stop the boiler from
firing.
--
Alan

Robert

In message , Alan
writes
In message , Clive
wrote

[...]

I also have an older Tempus 7 model which has the same dual (HW and CH)
control settings. To answer your question, you can switch the HW and CH
independently to auto by selecting either Once or Twice or set either to
Off.
--
Robert
Robert

In message , Clive
writes

I also have an older Tempus 7 model which has the same dual (HW and CH)
control settings. To answer your question, you can switch the HW and CH
independently to auto by selecting either Once or Twice or set either to
Off.

Im might be understanding it, or I might be a bit thick?

Is OFF meaning OFF

Yes
is ONCE meaning Auto (first programme only)

Auto on from 1st On to 2nd Off time setting (ie once per day)
is TWICE meaning Auto (two firings a day)

Auto on from 1st On to 1st Off time setting, then off until 2nd On then
on until 2nd Off (ie twice per day)
and repeat each day? i.e TWICE is the setting for Normal On/Auto Use for HW
and use OFF for CH to be off? (in Summer)

Yes. If the controls are similar to the old Tempus 7 you can vary the
time settings for each day if you wish.
Or does Once mean switch HW on when off untill next programme (i.e boost
till next switch off)

--
Robert
Christian McArdle

No red lights. Just an arrow on the LCD display to indicate the setting. It
is pointing to off at the moment (I assume the indicator goes off when the
heating is on, as I am advised that the water does get hot)

Not necessarily. It might be permanently off. Hot water might come from the
immersion. When I moved into my last house, the electric bill was huge for
my first quarter as the retarded previous occupants had the immersion on
24/7 with the electric thermostat set higher than the gas powered one. The
switch was tucked away non-labelled and without a neon.

Christian.