Posted to uk.d-i-y
macson

Default pine trim stain/natural

I have a room (white) with a new pine wood trim/surround. I would like
to keep it natural looking but am worried if I use a clear satin/gloss
varnish the wood will still look too new and untreated. That said I do
not want to stain it a different shade but want it to look bright and
real (without a false yellow or dark look). Any thoughts appreciated.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble

macson wrote:
I have a room (white) with a new pine wood trim/surround. I would like
to keep it natural looking but am worried if I use a clear satin/gloss
varnish the wood will still look too new and untreated. That said I do
not want to stain it a different shade but want it to look bright and
real (without a false yellow or dark look). Any thoughts appreciated.

Tea's quite good for just a hint of colour. Add a little washing soda,
ammonia, or caustic soda for a stronger colour.
You won't see the effect until you seal the surface, so try it out on a
few offcuts.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

macson wrote:
I have a room (white) with a new pine wood trim/surround.

What on earth is *that*?