Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

Default Zoning in bathrooms

I don't know when this zoning arrangement was introduced but when it
was what happened to existing installations .??
Did it only affect new installations or amendments to existing ones
..??

Also the height above the floor "rules" . Presumably that means
that it applies if "any" part of the fitting intrudes in to that area
..??

Stuart
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 13:36:20 +0000, Stuart
wrote:

I don't know when this zoning arrangement was introduced but when it
was what happened to existing installations .??

Nothing.

Did it only affect new installations or amendments to existing ones
.??

Both.

Also the height above the floor "rules" . Presumably that means
that it applies if "any" part of the fitting intrudes in to that area
.??

Yes.

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

Stuart wrote:

Also the height above the floor "rules" . Presumably that means
that it applies if "any" part of the fitting intrudes in to that area
.??

The height requirements, while mentioned in the on site guide are not
IIRC specifically included in BS7671, but they are in part M of the
building regs. With regard to the building regs I think you can carry
out changes to the building if on the whole you make it no worse than it
was.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 15:06:08 +0000, John Rumm
wrote:

Stuart wrote:

Also the height above the floor "rules" . Presumably that means
that it applies if "any" part of the fitting intrudes in to that area
.??

The height requirements, while mentioned in the on site guide are not
IIRC specifically included in BS7671, but they are in part M of the
building regs. With regard to the building regs I think you can carry
out changes to the building if on the whole you make it no worse than it
was.

Switches, yes, but light fittings are covered by BS7671. I took that
as what the OP meant.

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

wrote:

Stuart wrote:

Also the height above the floor "rules" . Presumably that means
that it applies if "any" part of the fitting intrudes in to that area
.??

The height requirements, while mentioned in the on site guide are not
IIRC specifically included in BS7671, but they are in part M of the
building regs. With regard to the building regs I think you can carry
out changes to the building if on the whole you make it no worse than it
was.

Switches, yes, but light fittings are covered by BS7671. I took that
as what the OP meant.

It WAS actually light fittings I was thinking about ..

Stuart

Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 13:36:20 +0000 someone who may be Stuart
wrote this:-

I don't know when this zoning arrangement was introduced

IIRC it was amendments dated 2000. However, such things tend to be
introduced a little while after the new amendment is published and
there is then dual running over a period of a year or so. I can't be
bothered to go into another room and look this up, if anyone does
want to get the dates then they are presumably on the IEE web site.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh