DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Laminate Flooring with Glue (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/145732-laminate-flooring-glue.html)

Dinoma February 21st 06 03:01 PM

Laminate Flooring with Glue

I much prefer laying the laminate flooring with glue, does anyone know
where I can source some. i have searched on google, but so far
everything is click happy. I tried the click ones from B&Q and just
didn't get on with it at all, there were many imperfections in the
tongue and groove which needed to be filed out before the planks would
lie straight. A problem I have never had with glue only.

thanks in advance

Grunff February 21st 06 03:08 PM

Dinoma wrote:
I much prefer laying the laminate flooring with glue, does anyone know
where I can source some. i have searched on google, but so far
everything is click happy. I tried the click ones from B&Q and just
didn't get on with it at all, there were many imperfections in the
tongue and groove which needed to be filed out before the planks would
lie straight. A problem I have never had with glue only.

This is because you had crap quality laminate. I've installed both glued
and glueless, and glueless is by far the nicest of the two to install -
much quicker and less work.

I would recommend you look at some better makes - it's really worth
avoiding the sub £10/sqm varieties, they're what give laminate a bad name.

--
Grunff

The3rd Earl Of Derby February 21st 06 03:12 PM

Dinoma wrote:
I much prefer laying the laminate flooring with glue, does anyone know
where I can source some. i have searched on google, but so far
everything is click happy. I tried the click ones from B&Q and just
didn't get on with it at all, there were many imperfections in the
tongue and groove which needed to be filed out before the planks would
lie straight. A problem I have never had with glue only.

thanks in advance

Focus DIY do the glue type, although I've never had any problems with the
click type on the 14 floors I've laid this stuff down on.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Tim S February 21st 06 03:32 PM

Grunff wrote:

Dinoma wrote:
I much prefer laying the laminate flooring with glue, does anyone know
where I can source some. i have searched on google, but so far
everything is click happy. I tried the click ones from B&Q and just
didn't get on with it at all, there were many imperfections in the
tongue and groove which needed to be filed out before the planks would
lie straight. A problem I have never had with glue only.

This is because you had crap quality laminate. I've installed both glued
and glueless, and glueless is by far the nicest of the two to install -
much quicker and less work.

I would recommend you look at some better makes - it's really worth
avoiding the sub £10/sqm varieties, they're what give laminate a bad name.

Pergo click laminate is excellent - my experience of laying most of a flat
with it.

Tim

Tim S February 21st 06 03:34 PM

Tim S wrote:

Pergo click laminate is excellent - my experience of laying most of a flat
with it.

Tim

PS

Allied Carpets (used to) sell it.

Grunff February 21st 06 03:35 PM

Tim S wrote:

Pergo click laminate is excellent - my experience of laying most of a flat
with it.

I'd second that - Pergo is very good, and very hard wearing.

--
Grunff

Dave February 21st 06 06:26 PM

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

Focus DIY do the glue type, although I've never had any problems with the
click type on the 14 floors I've laid this stuff down on.

How tall is your house :-)

Dave