DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Newly painted door problem (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/145687-newly-painted-door-problem.html)

PM February 21st 06 08:23 AM

Newly painted door problem

Several of our internal doors and the surrounding woodwork were painted last
month. One door makes a loud crack as it is opened, sounds like the paint is
sticking a bit although it is not bad enough to mark the paint.

Can I put something on the woodwork to stop this happening but won't mark
the paint?

Thanks

Rob Morley February 21st 06 09:39 AM

Newly painted door problem

In article
PM wrote:
Several of our internal doors and the surrounding woodwork were painted last
month. One door makes a loud crack as it is opened, sounds like the paint is
sticking a bit although it is not bad enough to mark the paint.

Can I put something on the woodwork to stop this happening but won't mark
the paint?

ISTR the traditional solution is a smear of vaseline.

PM February 27th 06 08:23 AM

Newly painted door problem

"PM" wrote in message
Several of our internal doors and the surrounding woodwork were painted

last
month. One door makes a loud crack as it is opened, sounds like the paint

is
sticking a bit although it is not bad enough to mark the paint.

Can I put something on the woodwork to stop this happening but won't mark
the paint?

Thanks for all the replies, I tried the Vaseline and it has done the trick.