Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob

Default Dripping tap

We have a Carron Pheonix monobloc tap in our kitchen, it's dripping from the
spout and I can't for the life of me figure out where the washers are, or
even what type of washers they are likely to be. I's a quarter turn type as
shown here http://www.carron.com/taps/aztec.asp
Can anyone help?

Thanks

Mrs Bob

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grunff

Bob wrote:
We have a Carron Pheonix monobloc tap in our kitchen, it's dripping from the
spout and I can't for the life of me figure out where the washers are, or
even what type of washers they are likely to be. I's a quarter turn type as
shown here http://www.carron.com/taps/aztec.asp
Can anyone help?

Quarter turn taps don't have washers, they have a ceramic disk
cartridge. You can replace the whole cartridge. A replacement should be
available from the manufacturer, or possibly your plumbers merchant.

--
Grunff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sponix

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 11:13:58 +0000, Grunff wrote:

Bob wrote:
We have a Carron Pheonix monobloc tap in our kitchen, it's dripping from the
spout and I can't for the life of me figure out where the washers are, or
even what type of washers they are likely to be. I's a quarter turn type as
shown here http://www.carron.com/taps/aztec.asp
Can anyone help?

Quarter turn taps don't have washers, they have a ceramic disk
cartridge. You can replace the whole cartridge. A replacement should be
available from the manufacturer, or possibly your plumbers merchant.

I *think* I saw a range of replacement cartridges in wickes the other
day.

sponix
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills \(aka Set Square\)

Grunff wrote:

Bob wrote:
We have a Carron Pheonix monobloc tap in our kitchen, it's dripping
from the spout and I can't for the life of me figure out where the
washers are, or even what type of washers they are likely to be. I's a
quarter turn type as shown here http://www.carron.com/taps/aztec.asp Can
anyone help?

Quarter turn taps don't have washers, they have a ceramic disk
cartridge. You can replace the whole cartridge. A replacement should
be available from the manufacturer, or possibly your plumbers
merchant.

In the picture of the tap, you can see a red cover in the middle of the hot
lever. If you prise this off, there is a screw underneath which holds the
lever on. Similarly, there will be a blue cover at the other end. Once the
levers are removed, you can unscrew the ceramic cartridge units from the tap
body - having first turned the hot and cold feeds off, of course. When
replacing the cartidges, note that they are handed. [In other words, when
looking endways at the lever, one turns clockwise and the other
counter-clockwise]. If replacing only one, it needs to be the *correct* one.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Holly, in France

Grunff wrote:
Bob wrote:
We have a Carron Pheonix monobloc tap in our kitchen, it's dripping
from the spout and I can't for the life of me figure out where the
washers are, or even what type of washers they are likely to be.
I's a quarter turn type as shown here
http://www.carron.com/taps/aztec.asp
Can anyone help?

Quarter turn taps don't have washers, they have a ceramic disk
cartridge. You can replace the whole cartridge. A replacement should
be available from the manufacturer, or possibly your plumbers
merchant.

These things can be easy peasy or a hassle. If you know, as the OP does,
the make and model of the tap it should be easy enough I would imagine
to source a replacement. If you have an ageing tap with no details it's
a bit more difficult. I have found the easiest method is to wait until
there is no one in the house for a bit, to drain down the system and
take out the old one and then to do the rounds of the plumbers merchants
and DIY shops until you find the right one then go straight home and fit
it. I did one a few weeks ago and must have looked at about a dozen
before I found the right one. I don't know why they make them with so
many tiny differences in every conceivable place!! Why can't there just
be a few standard bits that all the manufacturers use?!

--
Holly, in France
Gite to let in Dordogne, now with pool.

Dripping heard when draining tub bigredmoose Home Repair 4 October 12th 05 03:42 PM
Dripping mixer tape - help with valve type Mazza UK diy 2 July 22nd 05 05:36 PM
Dripping tap call me VK UK diy 3 July 14th 05 02:58 PM
Water dripping at Central Air Vent in Winter [email protected] Home Repair 10 January 23rd 05 12:30 AM
Water dripping sound when faucets are used waltermelon Home Ownership 6 January 21st 05 02:18 PM