DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Espagnolette bolts - source? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/145429-espagnolette-bolts-source.html)

[email protected] February 19th 06 04:07 PM

Espagnolette bolts - source?

Hi - I'm looking for a source to buy built-in espagnolette bolts/locks
for a set of double chapel doors(2.2m high) - surface mount ones I can
find - I want the type that can be set into routed out rebate in a set
of new oak doors.

Anyone know a source?

The Medway Handyman February 19th 06 04:27 PM

Espagnolette bolts - source?

wrote:
Hi - I'm looking for a source to buy built-in espagnolette bolts/locks
for a set of double chapel doors(2.2m high) - surface mount ones I can
find - I want the type that can be set into routed out rebate in a set
of new oak doors.

Anyone know a source?

Google search for espagnolette bolts brings up 980 hits.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

[email protected] February 19th 06 05:02 PM

Espagnolette bolts - source?

Google search for espagnolette bolts brings up 980 hits.

Thanks - but all the ones on the first few pages are surface mount
window espagnolettes - apart from one in China that does actually list
the kind of thing I need - built-in espagnolettes for a final exit door.

Andy Dingley February 19th 06 07:09 PM

Espagnolette bolts - source?

On 19 Feb 2006 08:07:43 -0800, wrote:

Hi - I'm looking for a source to buy built-in espagnolette bolts/locks
for a set of double chapel doors(2.2m high)

Talk to a smith and get them made.

Rob Morley February 19th 06 07:13 PM

Espagnolette bolts - source?

In article . com
wrote:
Hi - I'm looking for a source to buy built-in espagnolette bolts/locks
for a set of double chapel doors(2.2m high) - surface mount ones I can
find - I want the type that can be set into routed out rebate in a set
of new oak doors.

Wouldn't that be quite easy to make? I'd have thought all you'd need is
square bar for the bolts, a bit of steel plate for an actuating cam, and
a handle.

Chris February 19th 06 10:59 PM

Espagnolette bolts - source?

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi - I'm looking for a source to buy built-in espagnolette bolts/locks
for a set of double chapel doors(2.2m high) - surface mount ones I can
find - I want the type that can be set into routed out rebate in a set
of new oak doors.

Anyone know a source?

Did a lot of searching for a source for this a few months back - found that
Yale do a multipoint espagnolette type system . I've just had a couple of
sets fitted and they work well.
http://www.yalelock.com/epibrowser/Y...atalog/Sect%20
1%20Multipoint_G2000.pdf

See http://www.yalelock.com/Yale/Templat...h.aspx?id=2764 for
other options

Got them from T.F. Sampson in Stowmarket 01449-613535 - not cheap - over
£350 for a set for a double doors.

HTH

Chris.

Ziggur February 20th 06 11:25 AM

Espagnolette bolts - source?

In article 1140365263.916299.35050
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com, says...
Hi - I'm looking for a source to buy built-in espagnolette bolts/locks
for a set of double chapel doors(2.2m high) - surface mount ones I can
find - I want the type that can be set into routed out rebate in a set
of new oak doors.

Anyone know a source?

Try he

http://www.avocet-hardware.co.uk/windowhardware.htm

You need to download the pdf catalogue to get full details.

--
Ziggur

"S'ils te mordent, mords-les"

pen February 21st 06 10:13 AM

Espagnolette bolts - source?

You can also buy direct from Yale, they will deliver anywhere in the UK
for about £8. We have them fitted on the balcony doors of our flat
and they work quite well. They can also come with a centre hook or two
which grab the other door and help to protect against warping. The
standard sizes can be cut down (due to a builder's total cockup we had
to have this done).
http://www.yalelock.com/Yale/Templat...t____5391.aspx will
bring up pdf catalogues.

Yale do various handles in two spindle cross sections, 7mm and 8mm. I
would advise you to go for 8mm throughout as 7mm seems to be available
mostly as (more expensive) special order. Guess which were fitted here
- Taylor Woodrow must have had a job lot kicking about. Cranked
handles generally offer more room for fingers. Chrome finishes cost
about 25% more than brass.

Pen