DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Skirting board clips - no screws, nails or glue (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/145164-skirting-board-clips-no-screws-nails-glue.html)

Cordless Crazy February 17th 06 12:52 PM

Skirting board clips - no screws, nails or glue

Anybody had any dealings with using this chappies?

http://laminates.wood-floor.co.uk/qu...s-access.shtml

Apparently these brackets fix to the wall and your skirting then clips to it. I want to know whether anyone has used them and how easy they are to install/how they work.

I have my reservations...

Richard Conway February 17th 06 05:21 PM

Cordless Crazy wrote:
Anybody had any dealings with using this chappies?

http://laminates.wood-floor.co.uk/qu...s-access.shtml

Apparently these brackets fix to the wall and your skirting then clips
to it. I want to know whether anyone has used them and how easy they
are to install/how they work.

I have my reservations...

Sounds good in theory, but I suspect it would have trouble with my
uneven walls :)

Dave Plowman (News) February 17th 06 05:26 PM

Skirting board clips - no screws, nails or glue

In article ,
Cordless Crazy wrote:
Apparently these brackets fix to the wall and your skirting then clips
to it. I want to know whether anyone has used them and how easy they
are to install/how they work.

I note they show hardwood skirting.

Can just imagine the sound of the clips popping as softwood warps...

--
*I don't have a license to kill, but I do have a learner's permit.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

. February 17th 06 10:01 PM

Skirting board clips - no screws, nails or glue

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Cordless Crazy wrote:
Apparently these brackets fix to the wall and your skirting then
clips to it. I want to know whether anyone has used them and how
easy they are to install/how they work.

I note they show hardwood skirting.

Can just imagine the sound of the clips popping as softwood warps...

but you could glue and screw them to prevent that from happening :-)

oh ......