DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT motor scooter tyre valve (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/144854-re-ot-motor-scooter-tyre-valve.html)

Dave Plowman (News) February 15th 06 10:26 AM

OT motor scooter tyre valve

In article ,
dave wrote:
Can someone tell me if the valve core on a (50cc Yamaha) motor scooter
is replacable? The tyre is fine but bubbles come from the valve core in
the "under-water" test. I can't see any way of unscrewing it so maybe a
whole new valve needed? (Just trying to avoid taking it to the garage)

At one time one of the valve caps would have a slot on the end to remove
these - assuming it's a standard type.

But I'd take it to Kwik-Fit. Chances are they won't charge.

--
*It's a thankless job, but I've got a lot of Karma to burn off

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

fred February 15th 06 03:26 PM

OT motor scooter tyre valve

In article , Dave Plowman (News)
writes
In article ,
dave wrote:
Can someone tell me if the valve core on a (50cc Yamaha) motor scooter
is replacable? The tyre is fine but bubbles come from the valve core in
the "under-water" test. I can't see any way of unscrewing it so maybe a
whole new valve needed? (Just trying to avoid taking it to the garage)

At one time one of the valve caps would have a slot on the end to remove
these - assuming it's a standard type.

But I'd take it to Kwik-Fit. Chances are they won't charge.

Except for the new shock absorbers . . .
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla