DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Condensing tumble dryer (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/143617-condensing-tumble-dryer.html)

Eddie February 6th 06 07:12 PM

Condensing tumble dryer

Just bought a new condensing dryer that doesn't condense too well.

Seems to us that the condensing element uses the machine's incoming
(cooler) air to chill the condenser frame to condense the water vapour
in the outgoing air. Thus the colder the room, the colder the air
going in, the better the condenser should work.

The manufacturer says no - incoming air must be warm for it to work
properly! Now we are confused.

Could anyone help please?

Many thanks.

powerstation February 6th 06 08:31 PM

Condensing tumble dryer

"Eddie" wrote in message
oups.com...
Just bought a new condensing dryer that doesn't condense too well.

Seems to us that the condensing element uses the machine's incoming
(cooler) air to chill the condenser frame to condense the water vapour
in the outgoing air. Thus the colder the room, the colder the air
going in, the better the condenser should work.

The manufacturer says no - incoming air must be warm for it to work
properly! Now we are confused.

Could anyone help please?

Many thanks.

Its the dew point if you have an ice cold beer in a warm pub the glass
becomes wet on the outside but if you take it outside in the freezing cold
it doesn't.

Peter

Andrew Sinclair February 6th 06 10:22 PM

Condensing tumble dryer

In message .com,
Eddie writes
Just bought a new condensing dryer that doesn't condense too well.

Could anyone help please?

Many thanks.

Stupid question, but have you checked the water tank isn't full? We
made this mistake when we got our first condensing dryer and wondered
why after a few loads the dryer was not getting things dry, my wife
insisted she was emptying the water but it turned out that what she was
emptying was the condenser element and the tank, which was cunningly
well hidden away, was full to the brim. Assuming that is OK, check the
lint filter in the door isn't clogged (or blocked with some forgotten
packaging) as that can manifest itself as poor condensing.

Cheers,

Andy
--
Andrew Sinclair http://www.smellycat.org