Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fentoozler

Default Oil Tank location

A lazy question, just to save me pulling my OFTEC books out and leafing
through...

What is the minimum distance between an oil tank and a wooden fence?

Angus

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian C

Fentoozler wrote:
A lazy question, just to save me pulling my OFTEC books out and leafing
through...

What is the minimum distance between an oil tank and a wooden fence?

After Hemel Hempstead, a few miles I should think...

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y
emma

Don't know, but half the houses in my village, including break mine,
break the rule. So its more than a foot

Posted to uk.d-i-y

emma wrote:

Don't know, but half the houses in my village, including break mine,
break the rule. So its more than a foot

Don't remember anything about such a rule when I looked into this
stuff. When out oil supplier offered a free come and check your tank
check, they didn't make any comment either (and "passed" the tank
installation).

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fentoozler

"Fentoozler" nospam@mapson wrote in message
A lazy question, just to save me pulling my OFTEC books out and leafing
through...

What is the minimum distance between an oil tank and a wooden fence?

Angus

The books came out...

Tanks must be:
760mm from a combustable boundary.
1.8m from a combustable wall of a building.

Angus

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John

"Fentoozler" nospam@mapson wrote in message
"Fentoozler" nospam@mapson wrote in message
A lazy question, just to save me pulling my OFTEC books out and leafing
through...

What is the minimum distance between an oil tank and a wooden fence?

Angus

The books came out...

Tanks must be:
760mm from a combustable boundary.
1.8m from a combustable wall of a building.

It can be closer IF there is a fireproof barrier between the tank and the
fence or building