DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Plasterboard then PVA then skim plaster? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/142071-plasterboard-then-pva-then-skim-plaster.html)

The Count January 26th 06 06:54 PM

Plasterboard then PVA then skim plaster?

I'm worried. I've recently heard that you shouldn't PVA plastered walls when planning to tile. Fair enough, I wont add PVA to our newly plastered walls. However, before the plastering, I did add PVA to the one plasterboard wall, which our plasterer has now skim-plastered over. I need to tile on this wall, and am now worried that his plaster may fall off the plasterboard...resulting in tiles coming down! Any ideas?

Lobster January 26th 06 11:17 PM

The Count wrote:
I'm worried. I've recently heard that you shouldn't PVA plastered walls
when planning to tile. Fair enough, I wont add PVA to our newly
plastered walls. However, before the plastering, I did add PVA to the
one plasterboard wall, which our plasterer has now skim-plastered over.
I need to tile on this wall, and am now worried that his plaster may
fall off the plasterboard...resulting in tiles coming down! Any ideas?

Yes - stop worrying, it'll be fine.

David

F January 27th 06 06:34 PM

On 26/01/2006 18:54 The Count wrote:

I'm worried. I've recently heard that you shouldn't PVA plastered walls
when planning to tile.

Had a plasterer in today to repair and re-skim the shower room walls
where recent tile removal had literally left its marks. His parting shot
was to PVA the skim before I put the new tiles on...

F January 29th 06 05:21 PM

On 27/01/2006 18:34 F wrote:

On 26/01/2006 18:54 The Count wrote:

I'm worried. I've recently heard that you shouldn't PVA plastered walls
when planning to tile.

Had a plasterer in today to repair and re-skim the shower room walls
where recent tile removal had literally left its marks. His parting shot
was to PVA the skim before I put the new tiles on...

So, do we PVA, or don't we PVA?

Andrew Gabriel January 30th 06 12:27 AM

Plasterboard then PVA then skim plaster?

In article ,
F writes:
On 27/01/2006 18:34 F wrote:

On 26/01/2006 18:54 The Count wrote:

I'm worried. I've recently heard that you shouldn't PVA plastered walls
when planning to tile.

Had a plasterer in today to repair and re-skim the shower room walls
where recent tile removal had literally left its marks. His parting shot
was to PVA the skim before I put the new tiles on...

So, do we PVA, or don't we PVA?

I don't. Sounds like a bad idea.

--
Andrew Gabriel