Posted to uk.d-i-y
nrh

Default [OT-sort of] This tickled me pink too :)

This is a story about the bond formed between a little girl and a gang of
building workers. It's allegedly true, and makes you want to believe in the
goodness of people and that there is hope for the human race.

A young family moved into a house next door to a vacant building plot. One
day Willie Brunsden and a gang of building workers turned up to start
building a house on the empty plot. The young family's 5-year-old daughter
naturally took an interest in all the activity going on next-door and
started talking with the workers.
She hung around and eventually the big hairy builders (but all with hearts
of gold) more or less adopted the little girl as a sort of project mascot.
They chatted with her, let her sit with them while they had tea and lunch
breaks, and gave her little jobs to do here and there to make her feel
important.

At the end of the first week they even presented her with a pay envelope
containing two Pounds in 10p coins. The little girl took her 'pay' home to
her mother who suggested that they take the money she had received to the
bank the next day to start a savings account.

When they got to the bank the cashier was tickled pink listening to the
little girl telling her about her 'work' on the building site and the fact
she had a 'pay packet'.
"You must have worked very hard to earn all this" said the bank cashier.
The little girl proudly replied, "I worked all last week with the men
building a big house."
"My goodness gracious," said the cashier, "Will you be working on the house
again this week, as well?" ....

The little girl thought for a moment....

....and said, "I think so. Provided those w*nkers at Travis Perkins deliver
the f*cking bricks on time."

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Scott

"nrh" wrote in
news

)
--
Jim

Tyneside - North East of England
To email me directly omit the X from my address
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 10:54:12 GMT Nrh wrote :
The young family's 5-year-old daughter
naturally took an interest in all the activity going on next-door
and started talking with the workers.
She hung around and eventually the big hairy builders (but all
with hearts of gold) more or less adopted the little girl as a
sort of project mascot.

Of course in the 2006 version of the story a Sun reporter finds out
about this and printed the story under the headline "Builders get
their hands into hardcore while little girl looks on". That night
the under-construction house is torched by a marauding mob.
Unfortunately it spreads to the adjoining house and the little girl
is burned to death. The father is now in custody having admitted to
replacing a kitchen power socket in contravention of Part P.

[Latest version QSEDBUK 1.12 released 8 Dec 2005]

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 12:05:17 GMT, Tony Bryer
wrote:

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 10:54:12 GMT Nrh wrote :
The young family's 5-year-old daughter
naturally took an interest in all the activity going on next-door
and started talking with the workers.
She hung around and eventually the big hairy builders (but all
with hearts of gold) more or less adopted the little girl as a
sort of project mascot.

Of course in the 2006 version of the story a Sun reporter finds out
about this and printed the story under the headline "Builders get
their hands into hardcore while little girl looks on". That night
the under-construction house is torched by a marauding mob.
Unfortunately it spreads to the adjoining house and the little girl
is burned to death. The father is now in custody having admitted to
replacing a kitchen power socket in contravention of Part P.

Very good :-)

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul

Default This tickled me pink too :)

This story actually appears as 'true' as recalled to Bill Bryson in
'Down Under', told to him by a friend.

Seems to qualify as a Dead Granny.

Paul.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

nrh wrote:
[...]

A classic. Theres a similar one about aviation...
http://www.whocutthecheez.com/Pix/Cheezy_Pix/flight.jpg
allegedly traced and true

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y
nrh

In k,
Ophelia scribed:
"nrh" wrote in message
news
This is a story about the bond formed between a little girl and a gang
of
building workers. It's allegedly true, and makes you want to believe
in the
goodness of people and that there is hope for the human race.

LOL

Punchline is at the end. :-p

N.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ophelia

"nrh" wrote in message
In k,
Ophelia scribed:
"nrh" wrote in message
news
This is a story about the bond formed between a little girl and a
gang
of
building workers. It's allegedly true, and makes you want to believe
in the
goodness of people and that there is hope for the human race.

LOL

Punchline is at the end. :-p

yers but I get told off if I do it wrong G

Here is one about Engineers

Three engineers are sitting at a bar eating popcorn and drinking beer.

Out of the blue, the mechanical engineer speaks up and says, "You know,
think God was a mechanical engineer."

The other two look at him and laugh, "Why do you think that?"

He says, "Well, look at how the body is constructed: the whole skeletal
system, all the articulation, the tendons and ligaments. Beautiful and
perfect. God must have been a mechanical engineer."

The other two sit in silence as they think about this.

Then the electrical engineer speaks up and says, "Good points, but I
think
God was an electrical engineer."

The other two say "Why do you think that?"

He says, "Well, look at the nervous system, look at the functioning of
the
synapses and the complex construction of the ultimate computer: our
brain.
God must have been an electrical engineer."

The other two kind of nod and think about it for a while.

Finally the last engineer, a civil engineer, starts laughing. He says,
"You
two have got it all wrong. God wasn't a mechanical or an electrical
engineer. He was a civil engineer."

The other two stifle a couple of laughs and say, "How can you think
that?"

The civil engineer says, "Who else would put a major sewer line right
through the middle of a recreational area?!"

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 19:23:51 GMT, "Ophelia" wrote:

|Here is one about Engineers

|think God was a mechanical engineer."

I think we were not designed, but happened as a result of evolution.
Why else would the ?design? of my knees and back back be such a shambles.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk Please quote, with quote
character, previous post sniped to only the bit you are replying to.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , Dave Fawthrop
writes
On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 19:23:51 GMT, "Ophelia" wrote:

|Here is one about Engineers

|think God was a mechanical engineer."

I think we were not designed, but happened as a result of evolution.
Why else would the ?design? of my knees and back back be such a shambles.

Aha, so you're not watching Horizon at the moment then

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matt

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 19:34:52 +0000, Dave Fawthrop
wrote:

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 19:23:51 GMT, "Ophelia" wrote:

|Here is one about Engineers

|think God was a mechanical engineer."

I think we were not designed, but happened as a result of evolution.
Why else would the ?design? of my knees and back back be such a shambles.

The lowest bidder got the contract.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Cartmell

In article ,
Dave Fawthrop wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 19:23:51 GMT, "Ophelia" wrote:

|Here is one about Engineers

|think God was a mechanical engineer."

I think we were not designed, but happened as a result of evolution.
Why else would the ?design? of my knees and back back be such a shambles.

I do hope you all watched Horizon tonight. ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
nrh

In k,
Ophelia scribed:

yers but I get told off if I do it wrong G

Here is one about Engineers

Three engineers are sitting at a bar eating popcorn and drinking beer.

snipped (or snippage or 8 ) :-)

The civil engineer says, "Who else would put a major sewer line right
through the middle of a recreational area?!"

ROFL !!

;-)

Nigel.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Geoffrey

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 10:54:12 GMT, "nrh" wrote:

This is a story about the bond formed between a little girl and a gang of
building workers. It's allegedly true, and makes you want to believe in the
goodness of people and that there is hope for the human race.

Odd - when I last heard this story (on this very forum I believe, a
fair while back) I'm sure it was a little boy and Jewsons rather than
Travis.

--
Sometimes a majority only means that all the fools are on the same side.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
nrh

In ,
Geoffrey scribed:
On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 10:54:12 GMT, "nrh" wrote:

This is a story about the bond formed between a little girl and a gang of
building workers. It's allegedly true, and makes you want to believe in
the goodness of people and that there is hope for the human race.

Odd - when I last heard this story (on this very forum I believe, a
fair while back) I'm sure it was a little boy and Jewsons rather than
Travis.

And what claim are you trying to refute?

N.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 18:38:08 GMT, Geoffrey
wrote:

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 10:54:12 GMT, "nrh" wrote:

This is a story about the bond formed between a little girl and a gang of
building workers. It's allegedly true, and makes you want to believe in the
goodness of people and that there is hope for the human race.

Odd - when I last heard this story (on this very forum I believe, a
fair while back) I'm sure it was a little boy and Jewsons rather than
Travis.

Always better to have a little girl. Adds to the sugar factor of the
build-up.

--

..andy