Posted to uk.d-i-y
Posting

Default Tiling - reuse an old tile ?

I have a broken tile - cunning idea (theyre old so cant get replacement)
is to reuse one from the edge of the pattern , touch up the wall afterwards

remove old tile and "slot" in old tile

is this possible ?

i wont be doing it but a bathroom fitter

thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Posting wrote:
I have a broken tile - cunning idea (theyre old so cant get replacement)
is to reuse one from the edge of the pattern , touch up the wall afterwards

remove old tile and "slot" in old tile

is this possible ?

i wont be doing it but a bathroom fitter

thanks

of course. You can get clear araldite eg from screwfx to glue the
damaged tile. Best to take your donor tile from behind a mirror,
cabinet, rad, etc

Always get spare tiles when tiling!

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Posting

thanks

i can throw the old one as i can do without it due to the tile pattern

its old tiles from the last person in my house but i agree

i do the same with wallpaper , for a few quid your covered

thanks

wrote in message
oups.com...
Posting wrote:
I have a broken tile - cunning idea (theyre old so cant get replacement)
is to reuse one from the edge of the pattern , touch up the wall
afterwards

remove old tile and "slot" in old tile

is this possible ?

i wont be doing it but a bathroom fitter

thanks

of course. You can get clear araldite eg from screwfx to glue the
damaged tile. Best to take your donor tile from behind a mirror,
cabinet, rad, etc

Always get spare tiles when tiling!

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

Always get spare tiles when tiling!

As my uncle did when he tiled the bathroom in this house when it was new.
The spare tiles are in new condition. The originals are almost 70 years old.
They don't match :-(

But they'll be used for patching.

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mary Fisher wrote:
NT:

Always get spare tiles when tiling!

As my uncle did when he tiled the bathroom in this house when it was new.
The spare tiles are in new condition. The originals are almost 70 years old.
They don't match :-(

But they'll be used for patching.

Mary

That's odd! Wish I had some of the old 30s black and white tiling
though, always liked that.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

wrote in message
oups.com...
Mary Fisher wrote:
NT:

Always get spare tiles when tiling!

As my uncle did when he tiled the bathroom in this house when it was new.
The spare tiles are in new condition. The originals are almost 70 years
old.
They don't match :-(

But they'll be used for patching.

Mary

That's odd! Wish I had some of the old 30s black and white tiling
though, always liked that.

My mother always said that my aunt's kitchen and bathroom looked like a fish
and chip shop with the diamond black and white tiles. We kept them because
we were too idle to changet hem. Still are.

Mary

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

meow2222 wrote:
Mary Fisher wrote:
NT:

The spare tiles are in new condition. The originals are almost 70 years old.
They don't match :-(

But they'll be used for patching.

That's odd! Wish I had some of the old 30s black and white tiling
though, always liked that.

There's some cemented to the wall in my parents bathroom.

The tiler took one look at them, left them in situ and tiled straight
over them.

Cheers

Paul.

Tiling behind bath? or tile down to bath? xxx UK diy 7 January 10th 06 02:41 AM
Bathroom tiling - tile first or tile last? Eric The Viking UK diy 3 June 17th 05 03:18 PM
Florida Tile LD Home Repair 16 March 2nd 04 11:52 PM
Tiling Advice - Any good reason I cant use mortar as Wall Tile Adhesive SledgehammerSteve UK diy 12 December 22nd 03 04:16 PM
Tiling Shower Area - adhesive spreading and tile cutting problems JohnB UK diy 7 July 20th 03 10:43 AM