DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Makita drill driver deal (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/141650-makita-drill-driver-deal.html)

david lang January 23rd 06 10:36 PM

Makita drill driver deal

Hi All

In case you are looking, just spotted this;

Makita 12V Drill Driver c/w 2 batteries - SAVE OVER 25%!

WAS £87.42 - now only £64.95 inc VAT
Click here http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=453645

Dave

Chris Bacon January 23rd 06 11:08 PM

Makita drill driver deal

david lang wrote:
In case you are looking, just spotted this;

Makita 12V Drill Driver c/w 2 batteries - SAVE OVER 25%!

WAS £87.42 - now only £64.95 inc VAT
Click here http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=453645

Another typicl product of China. Next monthy, when the public's
a bit more savvy, "two for the price of one!", maybe.

John Rumm January 24th 06 01:07 AM

Makita drill driver deal

Chris Bacon wrote:

Another typicl product of China. Next monthy, when the public's
a bit more savvy, "two for the price of one!", maybe.

Most of the Makita drills I have seen recently have been made in UK.

--
Cheers,

John.

[email protected] January 24th 06 01:42 AM

Makita drill driver deal

david lang wrote:
Hi All

In case you are looking, just spotted this;

Makita 12V Drill Driver c/w 2 batteries - SAVE OVER 25%!

WAS £87.42 - now only £64.95 inc VAT
Click here http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=453645

Dave

Screwfix have been doing the 14.4v version for £75 for the past year
with a set of bits.

Are these drills are up to the usual Makita quality or just relatively
cheap drills so someone can wear the badge?

Andy Hall January 24th 06 06:28 AM

Makita drill driver deal

On 23 Jan 2006 17:42:18 -0800, wrote:

david lang wrote:
Hi All

In case you are looking, just spotted this;

Makita 12V Drill Driver c/w 2 batteries - SAVE OVER 25%!

WAS £87.42 - now only £64.95 inc VAT
Click here
http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=453645

Dave

Screwfix have been doing the 14.4v version for £75 for the past year
with a set of bits.

Are these drills are up to the usual Makita quality or just relatively
cheap drills so someone can wear the badge?

Yes they are. I've had one of these for some while and it performs
accurately and well with very good motor and torque control.

As a model, the 6228 is getting towards the end of manufacture, I
suspect.

There are now newer 14.4v models with 2.6 and 3.0Ah batteries.
However, the two 1.3Ah of the 6228 can be used alternately and charged
and one can keep running all day with them.

--

..andy

Steve Walker January 24th 06 08:29 PM

Makita drill driver deal

Andy Hall wrote:
On 23 Jan 2006 17:42:18 -0800, wrote:

Are these drills are up to the usual Makita quality or just
relatively cheap drills so someone can wear the badge?

Yes they are. I've had one of these for some while and it
performs accurately and well with very good motor and torque
control.

Yep, I bought this bundle before Christmas - very solid and strong, well
pleased.