Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve

Default cracked ceiling

We had a leak from our bath tap a few months ago which has left a crak
in the kitchen ceiling below and a small area of the artex has crumbled
and fallen to the floor what the best way of covering it up aside from
the obvious painting it is there a filler you can buy to fill it in?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John McLean

"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...
We had a leak from our bath tap a few months ago which has left a crak
in the kitchen ceiling below and a small area of the artex has crumbled
and fallen to the floor what the best way of covering it up aside from
the obvious painting it is there a filler you can buy to fill it in?

I would just sweep it up, no need to paint or apply a filler. English as she
is writ!!!!!!!!!!
Jaymack

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Set Square

John McLean wrote:

"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...
We had a leak from our bath tap a few months ago which has left a
crak in the kitchen ceiling below and a small area of the artex has
crumbled and fallen to the floor what the best way of covering it up
aside from the obvious painting it is there a filler you can buy to
fill it in?

I would just sweep it up, no need to paint or apply a filler. English
as she is writ!!!!!!!!!!
Jaymack

Puts me in mind of someone I once heard commenting on the undulating state
of French B-class roads. He claimed that, whenever there was an accident,
they didn't remove the debris, but simply tarmac'd over it. g
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve

so whats the answer? i was looking for a solution not a freekin riddle!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Steve wrote:
so whats the answer?

To what?

i was looking for a solution not a freekin riddle!

Well, put some flippin' context into your post, and you
may have berret luck.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve

More context....

I have a crack in my ceiling i would like to cover it! Its a hairline
crack and then there is about 2cm squared where the artex has come away
from the ceiling.

Are there any tips or tricks or products you could point me to?

What more would you like to know?

I appreciate that the internet is a place where people can express
themselves but i find alot of the users of this group in particular are
only here to ridicule and insult people! I am genuenly asking for
advice!?!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Morley

In article .com
Steve wrote:
so whats the answer? i was looking for a solution not a freekin riddle!

42

Where's the question?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Steve wrote:
I have a crack in my ceiling i would like to cover it! Its a hairline
crack and then there is about 2cm squared where the artex has come away
from the ceiling.

Are there any tips or tricks or products you could point me to?

What more would you like to know?

I assume it's plasterboarded. Try injecting some PVA and
water mix (see previous ceiling cracked threads). To "fix"
the bare bit, use sloppy filler and try to reproduce the
pattern. Paint when it's all quite dry.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve

ha

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Steve wrote:
I appreciate that the internet is a place where people can express
themselves but i find alot of the users of this group in particular
are only here to ridicule and insult people! I am genuenly asking for
advice!?!

Its called "taking the ****".

p.s how did manage to balance yourself the tap?

--?
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Morley

In article .com
Steve wrote:
We had a leak from our bath tap a few months ago which has left a crak
in the kitchen ceiling below and a small area of the artex has crumbled
and fallen to the floor what the best way of covering it up aside from
the obvious painting it is there a filler you can buy to fill it in?

If it's a fine crack then paint should fill it okay as long as there's
no further movement. If it's larger then you might get away with
pressing interior filler into the crack with your thumb, then brushing
off any excess to preserve the artex finish. Otherwise you'll need to
open up the crack so you can get a decent amount of filler into it,
which will make it harder to disguise as you'll be disturbing more of
the artex.
For the small area that has peeled you can probably approximate the
artex finish with filler. Artex is cheap, but tends to come in 5kg
bags minimum, which you don't really need for the odd repair.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve

Thanks guys Chris your idea seems like the solution it is only a slight
crack so im hopeful paint would cover!

Thanks Again!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
mike

Steve wrote

Thanks guys Chris your idea seems like the solution it is only a slight
crack so im hopeful paint would cover!

Thanks Again!

We're not so bad really, but we all jump at the chance of a cheap shot.

I guess it's a diy thing......

--

mike

pool pump [email protected] Home Repair 144 December 10th 05 02:01 AM
Ceiling Fan Steve Home Repair 0 August 7th 05 05:59 PM
Cracked Ceiling plaster Dave_s Home Repair 1 January 16th 05 04:34 AM
Modeling an air heater with a massy ceiling Nick Pine Home Repair 4 January 5th 05 01:03 PM
Extending electrical box on ceiling fixtures?? Ray Home Repair 3 November 23rd 03 01:50 AM