DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How to remove central heating draindown stain from ceramic toilet? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/141356-how-remove-central-heating-draindown-stain-ceramic-toilet.html)

daveL January 21st 06 10:43 PM

How to remove central heating draindown stain from ceramic toilet?

My plumber drained my central heating system into my loo today and now I
have a dark stain over the white ceramic.

How am I best to remove this stain?

TIA,
dave.

ctl January 22nd 06 04:25 AM

"daveL" wrote in message
My plumber drained my central heating system into my loo today and now I
have a dark stain over the white ceramic.

How am I best to remove this stain?

TIA,
dave.

Use a few bottles of coke or throw in a packet of denture cleaning tablets!
Both work very well.

Nigel Molesworth January 22nd 06 02:31 PM

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 22:43:33 +0000, daveL wrote:

My plumber drained my central heating system into my loo today and now I
have a dark stain over the white ceramic.

Don't pay him until he fixes it.

--
Nigel M

Andrew Gabriel January 22nd 06 02:51 PM

How to remove central heating draindown stain from ceramic toilet?

In article ,
"ctl" writes:

"daveL" wrote in message
My plumber drained my central heating system into my loo today and now I
have a dark stain over the white ceramic.

How am I best to remove this stain?

Use a few bottles of coke or throw in a packet of denture cleaning tablets!
Both work very well.

It's probably just stained a thin limescale coating, in which case
any of the toilet limescale removers will remove it.

--
Andrew Gabriel