DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Baxi boiler efficiency (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/141189-baxi-boiler-efficiency.html)

Boiler man January 20th 06 10:19 PM

Baxi boiler efficiency

Hi guys.
I have a old old 28 year old boiler it is excellent I have no idea of
the model and the energy rating It is conventional.
What I want to know is the estimated efficiency -sedbuk.
And I might be replacing it my choice is:
ecoMAXpro 18e or
Keston celsius 25
are they good?
My current boiler has a brown line on the opening flap and says Baxi
-no logo

Ed Sirett January 21st 06 11:33 PM

Baxi boiler efficiency

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 14:19:35 -0800, Boiler man wrote:

Hi guys.
I have a old old 28 year old boiler it is excellent I have no idea of
the model and the energy rating It is conventional.
What I want to know is the estimated efficiency -sedbuk.
And I might be replacing it my choice is:
ecoMAXpro 18e or
Keston celsius 25
are they good?
My current boiler has a brown line on the opening flap and says Baxi
-no logo

Depending on the sophistication of the existing controls (i.e.
proper independantly controlled HW, quality insulated cylinder,
TRVs, themrostat(s) or none of them)

You will probably find a saving in gas usage of 15% to 30%.

BBUs are typically around 18kW input and rather less output.
However the open flue, permanent pilot make for a poor SEDBUK figure.
Usually around 65-75%.