DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Hudson Reed (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/141089-hudson-reed.html)

[email protected] January 20th 06 02:04 AM

Hudson Reed

Sorry if this is somewhat off-topic. I need to have my shower replaced;
someone's suggested Hudson Reed. I've had a peek about their site and
liked both the look and the price.

However I'm based in the States; this brand is not very common here nor
does it seem to be sold in shops. My plumber's never heard of it! (HR
do have a US version of the web-site which says everything sold
Stateside is certified etc)

So I reckoned I'd ask here as it seems to be a British company - are HR
highly regarded in the UK? Are they online only as well; do the
products last long, are spare parts avaliable?

Thanks for any advice
David

[email protected] January 20th 06 04:38 AM

Hudson Reed

Here's a page of reviews with some interesting things to say about
compatibility between American and British fittings.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load...432114741.html

Capitol January 20th 06 06:30 PM

Hudson Reed

wrote:
Sorry if this is somewhat off-topic. I need to have my shower replaced;
someone's suggested Hudson Reed. I've had a peek about their site and
liked both the look and the price.

However I'm based in the States; this brand is not very common here nor
does it seem to be sold in shops. My plumber's never heard of it! (HR
do have a US version of the web-site which says everything sold
Stateside is certified etc)

So I reckoned I'd ask here as it seems to be a British company - are HR
highly regarded in the UK? Are they online only as well; do the
products last long, are spare parts avaliable?

You might also like to look at "House of Amber" and Ebay uk to see
what's available. Your cheapest approach is to find a friend who travels
transatlantic regularly, get them to buy it in the UK and then bring it
back. The connection problems have been pointed out in another reply,
but they are not insurmountable. IME the product lasts quite well,
spares are rarely required, but are available with a bit of difficulty
on sourcing. By the time you need major spares, you'd probably want a
new shower IME.

Hope this helps
Regards
Capitol