Posted to uk.d-i-y
Colin Wilson

Default Homebase ?

We've been on holiday over xmas, and went to call into our local
Homebase earlier today (Edge Lane, Liverpool) - shock horror, its shut
down.

Went to the next nearest one we could think of in Warrington - gone.

Has something happened while we were away ? (we don`t go past there
often, so any time in the last 6 months or so might give us a clue)

--
Please add the word "newsgroup" in the subject line of personal emails
**** My email address includes "ngspamtrap" and " ****
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Set Square

Colin Wilson wrote:

We've been on holiday over xmas, and went to call into our local
Homebase earlier today (Edge Lane, Liverpool) - shock horror, its shut
down.

Went to the next nearest one we could think of in Warrington - gone.

Has something happened while we were away ? (we don`t go past there
often, so any time in the last 6 months or so might give us a clue)

Interesting! According to their website, the branches in Edge Lane and
Warrington are still there! Are you sure that you're looking in the right
places?

My local one (Warwick/Leamington) was still there when I drove past
yesterday.
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alan

In message , Set Square
wrote
Colin Wilson wrote:

We've been on holiday over xmas, and went to call into our local
Homebase earlier today (Edge Lane, Liverpool) - shock horror, its shut
down.

Went to the next nearest one we could think of in Warrington - gone.

Has something happened while we were away ? (we don`t go past there
often, so any time in the last 6 months or so might give us a clue)

Interesting! According to their website, the branches in Edge Lane and
Warrington are still there! Are you sure that you're looking in the right
places?

The Op was looking in Liverpool - the store has probably been stolen.

--
Alan
news2005 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Alan" wrote in message
In message , Set Square
wrote
Colin Wilson wrote:

We've been on holiday over xmas, and went to call into our local
Homebase earlier today (Edge Lane, Liverpool) - shock horror, its shut
down.

Went to the next nearest one we could think of in Warrington - gone.

Has something happened while we were away ? (we don`t go past there
often, so any time in the last 6 months or so might give us a clue)

Interesting! According to their website, the branches in Edge Lane and
Warrington are still there! Are you sure that you're looking in the right
places?

The Op was looking in Liverpool - the store has probably been stolen.

I hope so. That is all they are fit for.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

We've been on holiday over xmas, and went to call into our local
Homebase earlier today (Edge Lane, Liverpool) - shock horror, its shut
down.

Went to the next nearest one we could think of in Warrington - gone.

Has something happened while we were away ? (we don`t go past there
often, so any time in the last 6 months or so might give us a clue)

Interesting! According to their website, the branches in Edge Lane and
Warrington are still there! Are you sure that you're looking in the right
places?

The Op was looking in Liverpool - the store has probably been stolen.

heh it was on bricks.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"Set Square" writes:
Colin Wilson wrote:

We've been on holiday over xmas, and went to call into our local
Homebase earlier today (Edge Lane, Liverpool) - shock horror, its shut
down.

Went to the next nearest one we could think of in Warrington - gone.

Has something happened while we were away ? (we don`t go past there
often, so any time in the last 6 months or so might give us a clue)

Interesting! According to their website, the branches in Edge Lane and
Warrington are still there! Are you sure that you're looking in the right
places?

My local one (Warwick/Leamington) was still there when I drove past
yesterday.

A search of the web turns up that they are moving about 500 jobs
from Homebase roles to co-locate with Argos, but also a comment
that they will be opening more Homebase and Argos stores (it might
be the 'more' is only Argos -- it's not clear).

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Colin Wilson

We've been on holiday over xmas, and went to call into our local
Homebase earlier today (Edge Lane, Liverpool) - shock horror, its shut
down.

Interesting! According to their website, the branches in Edge Lane and
Warrington are still there! Are you sure that you're looking in the right
places?

Definitely at the right location for Edge Lane (we were "regulars") -
as for Warrington, it looks like that might have been relocated.

--
Please add the word "newsgroup" in the subject line of personal emails
**** My email address includes "ngspamtrap" and " ****
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Colin Wilson" wrote in message
t...
We've been on holiday over xmas, and went to call into our local
Homebase earlier today (Edge Lane, Liverpool) - shock horror, its shut
down.

Interesting! According to their website, the branches in Edge Lane and
Warrington are still there! Are you sure that you're looking in the right
places?

Definitely at the right location for Edge Lane (we were "regulars") -
as for Warrington, it looks like that might have been relocated.

Homebase are going into megastores that sell everything from soft
furnishing, furniture to DIY and gardening. Maybe the smaller stores are
going because a megastore is to be built somewhere local but near excellent
roads. These megastore don't need to be local as people drive 20-30 miles
to go to them.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

We've been on holiday over xmas, and went to call into our local
Homebase earlier today (Edge Lane, Liverpool) - shock horror, its shut
down.

Went to the next nearest one we could think of in Warrington - gone.

Has something happened while we were away ? (we don`t go past there
often, so any time in the last 6 months or so might give us a clue)

Interesting! According to their website, the branches in Edge Lane and
Warrington are still there! Are you sure that you're looking in the right
places?

My local one (Warwick/Leamington) was still there when I drove past
yesterday.

Yep - the edge lane one is closed (about 2 weeks or so now) although
the aintree one is still open as we went there after finding out the
edge lane one was closing (and did not have what we needed). Not
really a shame as we only buy showers for our rental properties in
homebase - B&Q edge lane and Speke is fine for the rest (plus the usual
builders merchants etc)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S

On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 20:14:22 +0000, Colin Wilson wrote:

We've been on holiday over xmas, and went to call into our local
Homebase earlier today (Edge Lane, Liverpool) - shock horror, its shut
down.

Went to the next nearest one we could think of in Warrington - gone.

Has something happened while we were away ? (we don`t go past there
often, so any time in the last 6 months or so might give us a clue)

Tunbridge Wells Homebase is still there, or it was when I walked past it
on Friday on the way to the station.

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager

On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 23:04:34 UTC, Tim S wrote:

On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 20:14:22 +0000, Colin Wilson wrote:

We've been on holiday over xmas, and went to call into our local
Homebase earlier today (Edge Lane, Liverpool) - shock horror, its shut
down.

Went to the next nearest one we could think of in Warrington - gone.

Has something happened while we were away ? (we don`t go past there
often, so any time in the last 6 months or so might give us a clue)

Tunbridge Wells Homebase is still there, or it was when I walked past it
on Friday on the way to the station.

I just looked out of the window and the Herne Bay branch hasn't moved!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
RedOnRed

The Milton Keynes branch relocated recently, with the old site now turned
into a huge toys 'r' us.

The new location has appalling road access and as Drivel said, a lot of soft
furnishings and crap etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Zipadee Doodar

The one in Aintree, Liverpool is still there. At least it was last weekend.

ZD