DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Damp proofing garage walls (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/138991-damp-proofing-garage-walls.html)

James Varty January 7th 06 12:38 PM

Damp proofing garage walls

Can any one recommend a product for tanking a garage? I'm essentially just
going to do the walls, as a floorlayer friend is going to do the floor for
me with some paint they use, then he's going to screed it.
The walls are mostly single brink with some breeze blocks. I was going to
use bitumen emulsion, but is there anything less messy and easier to apply?
Would vandex be suitable for brick? Which retailer would be best to get this
stuff from?

Cheers

James

Rick January 7th 06 05:51 PM

Damp proofing garage walls

On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 12:38:01 +0000 (UTC), "James Varty"
wrote:

Can any one recommend a product for tanking a garage? I'm essentially just
going to do the walls, as a floorlayer friend is going to do the floor for
me with some paint they use, then he's going to screed it.
The walls are mostly single brink with some breeze blocks. I was going to
use bitumen emulsion, but is there anything less messy and easier to apply?
Would vandex be suitable for brick? Which retailer would be best to get this
stuff from?

Cheers

James

There are many products, I used the FOSROC range for my underground
walls, on my current build. Whatever you choose, you need to use it
exactly like it says on the tin, and not mix your systems.

The black paint is not too bad to apply on a hot day, but its real
hard work on a cold day. You need 3 coats. I would then wipe sand into
the final coat, and render, to protect the stuff. If you use a
waterproofing agent in the render, you will have a good dry wall.

Rick