DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   full plans submission - plans reqd for wiring ? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/138775-full-plans-submission-plans-reqd-wiring.html)

[email protected] January 5th 06 05:18 PM

full plans submission - plans reqd for wiring ?

I am doing a full plans extension. If I include the wiring in the
building control application, do I have to produce some type of plans
for the wiring or not. OR, will I have to do the wiring on
a separate building notice ?
I'm purposefully trying to get opinions on this before I "ask the BCO".
Thanks,
Simon.

Rick January 5th 06 05:21 PM

On 5 Jan 2006 09:18:16 -0800, wrote:

I am doing a full plans extension. If I include the wiring in the
building control application, do I have to produce some type of plans
for the wiring or not. OR, will I have to do the wiring on
a separate building notice ?
I'm purposefully trying to get opinions on this before I "ask the BCO".
Thanks,
Simon.

I would not include wiring or plumbing, except for notes "to be
decided on site in consultation with customer, and inspected to
whatever, and use whatever brand of equipment.

There are a few rules with boiler ratings and stuff, with you can have
a written note for.

The BCO is gonna care little, other than to check the right certs are
completed at the end.

He will want to see Smoke Alarms and the like.

In "full plans" he is supposed to check what you send in is right,
before you start building, so he will come back with questions if the
detail is insufficient.

Rick

Hugo Nebula January 5th 06 08:38 PM

full plans submission - plans reqd for wiring ?

On 5 Jan 2006 09:18:16 -0800, a particular chimpanzee named
randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

I am doing a full plans extension. If I include the wiring in the
building control application, do I have to produce some type of plans
for the wiring or not. OR, will I have to do the wiring on
a separate building notice ?

If the electrics are 'controlled' (ie, if they're in a kitchen or
bathroom, or if you're installing a new circuit), and they are related
to the extension, then it's included in the application.

A wiring diagram isn't required (as the BCO couldn't make head or tail
of it), just a note on the plan to the effect that, "“All wiring and
electrical work will be designed, installed, inspected and tested
in accordance with the requirements of BS 7671, the IEE 16th edition
wiring guidance and Building Regulation Part P (Electrical Safety). On
completion of the works a copy of installers Electrical Installation
Test Certificate, compliant with BS 7671, is to be provided to the
client and Local Authority".
--
Hugo Nebula
just how far from the pack have you strayed?"

Roger January 5th 06 10:13 PM

full plans submission - plans reqd for wiring ?

The message
from Hugo Nebula abuse@localhost contains these words:

On
completion of the works a copy of installers Electrical Installation
Test Certificate, compliant with BS 7671, is to be provided to the
client and Local Authority".

Surely, that should be something along the lines of:

On completion of the works the Local Authority will arrange for testing
and certification of the installation at no further expense to the
householder. :-)

--
Roger Chapman so far this year nothing