Posted to uk.d-i-y
david lang

Default Phrases that chill the spine.....

SWIMBO wandered into the kitchen this morning and said "I've been looking
through the IKEA catalogue".

SHIVERS

Apart from the classic "it's only a small job, it won't take 5 minutes",
what wonderful phrases send a chill down your spine?

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 11:43:12 GMT, "david lang"
wrote:

SWIMBO wandered into the kitchen this morning and said "I've been looking
through the IKEA catalogue".

SHIVERS

Apart from the classic "it's only a small job, it won't take 5 minutes",
what wonderful phrases send a chill down your spine?

I've told my Mum you'd do it for her this weekend ..?

T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Williams

In article ,
david lang wrote:

Apart from the classic "it's only a small job, it won't take 5
minutes", what wonderful phrases send a chill down your spine?

"We seem to have a problem".

But mentally translate the "We" into..... guess who.

--
Tony Williams.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP

wrote:

SWIMBO wandered into the kitchen this morning and said "I've been looking
through the IKEA catalogue".

SHIVERS

Apart from the classic "it's only a small job, it won't take 5 minutes",
what wonderful phrases send a chill down your spine?

Dave

" We could get a little man in to do it?"

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

david lang wrote:
SWIMBO wandered into the kitchen this morning and said "I've been
looking through the IKEA catalogue".

SHIVERS

Apart from the classic "it's only a small job, it won't take 5
minutes", what wonderful phrases send a chill down your spine?

Dave

Don't you mean..."it'll only take 5 minutes".
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grumpy owd man

It's only electricity...how hard can it be?

I've been thinking...

How about, if you...

Well, next door have...

Remember when I asked you about...

You know that I have never liked that...

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

wrote:

SWIMBO wandered into the kitchen this morning and said "I've been looking
through the IKEA catalogue".

SHIVERS

Apart from the classic "it's only a small job, it won't take 5 minutes",
what wonderful phrases send a chill down your spine?

Dave

" We could get a little man in to do it?"

That's more like red rag to a bull....

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
dg

david lang wrote:

Apart from the classic "it's only a small job, it won't take 5 minutes",
what wonderful phrases send a chill down your spine?

Dave

"The test shows blue"!!

dg

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Joe

david lang wrote:
SWIMBO wandered into the kitchen this morning and said "I've been looking
through the IKEA catalogue".

SHIVERS

Apart from the classic "it's only a small job, it won't take 5 minutes",
what wonderful phrases send a chill down your spine?

My wife's usual one is "I've been thinking,...".

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Colin Wilson

Remember when I asked you about...

When are you going to finish...

--
Please add the word "newsgroup" in the subject line of personal emails
**** My email address includes "ngspamtrap" and " ****
Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

All these tools and you keep using the same one.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
.

david lang wrote:
SWIMBO wandered into the kitchen this morning and said "I've been
looking through the IKEA catalogue".

SHIVERS

Apart from the classic "it's only a small job, it won't take 5
minutes", what wonderful phrases send a chill down your spine?

sorry, in this instance, retrospective planning permision is denied.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 13:50:03 -0000, Colin Wilson
wrote:

Remember when I asked you about...

When are you going to finish...

"Have you started ye..........

No sorry, wrong topic, alt.inadequency way.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Crosland

SWIMBO wandered into the kitchen this morning and said "I've been looking
through the IKEA catalogue".

SHIVERS

Apart from the classic "it's only a small job, it won't take 5 minutes",
what wonderful phrases send a chill down your spine?

Saniflow!

Peter Crosland

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chip

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 11:43:12 GMT,it is alleged that "david lang"
spake thusly in uk.d-i-y:

SWIMBO wandered into the kitchen this morning and said "I've been looking
through the IKEA catalogue".

SHIVERS

Apart from the classic "it's only a small job, it won't take 5 minutes",
what wonderful phrases send a chill down your spine?

Dave

"I called you because I'm sure it's nothing major but ..."

Followed by "the house caught fire" or similar :-|

bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." - Rich Cook.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

david lang wrote:

SWIMBO wandered into the kitchen this morning and said "I've been looking
through the IKEA catalogue".

SHIVERS

Apart from the classic "it's only a small job, it won't take 5 minutes",
what wonderful phrases send a chill down your spine?

Dave

No, I darent mention them. shiver!

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y
rrh

wrote in message
oups.com...
david lang wrote:

SWIMBO wandered into the kitchen this morning and said "I've been looking
through the IKEA catalogue".

SHIVERS

Apart from the classic "it's only a small job, it won't take 5 minutes",
what wonderful phrases send a chill down your spine?

Dave

No, I darent mention them. shiver!

While you're here, could you just...?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
rrh wrote:
While you're here, could you just...?

But that's the phrase every tradesman loves...

--
*Does fuzzy logic tickle? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sparks

"david lang" wrote in message
.uk...
SWIMBO wandered into the kitchen this morning and said "I've been looking
through the IKEA catalogue".

SHIVERS

Apart from the classic "it's only a small job, it won't take 5 minutes",
what wonderful phrases send a chill down your spine?

"Oh yes, now you mention it, the car has been making a funny noise for about
2 weeks now"

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grumpy owd man

Good morning ,Sir. Are you in charge? I am from the HSE....

It looked so easy when the Welder did it...

I did EXACTLY what it said, but there was a spare wire...

Good morning Sir, Customs and Excise collection unit...

Cut it off, it will be dead anyway...

Well it LOOKED dead...

Trust me, I'm a Joiner...

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sadly

david lang wrote:
SWIMBO wandered into the kitchen this morning and said "I've been looking
through the IKEA catalogue".

SHIVERS

Apart from the classic "it's only a small job, it won't take 5 minutes",
what wonderful phrases send a chill down your spine?

Dave

"As you've got the week off..."

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Walker

wrote:

" We could get a little man in to do it?"

That's more like red rag to a bull....

And used as such by my beloved - eg "do it, or I'll spend your money on a
workman to do it".....

Posted to uk.d-i-y
PC Paul

wrote:

Remember when I asked you about...

When are you going to finish...

"Have you started ye..........

No sorry, wrong topic, alt.inadequency way.

I won't bother with 'Is it in yet?' then...... ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
PC Paul

Sadly wrote:
david lang wrote:
SWIMBO wandered into the kitchen this morning and said "I've been
looking through the IKEA catalogue".

SHIVERS

Apart from the classic "it's only a small job, it won't take 5
minutes", what wonderful phrases send a chill down your spine?

Dave

"As you've got the week off..."

(This one gets said by me and still makes me shiver as soon as I hear it...)

"Nearly done, just another ten minutes...."

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Scott

"david lang" wrote in message
.uk...
SWIMBO wandered into the kitchen this morning and said "I've been looking
through the IKEA catalogue".

SHIVERS

Apart from the classic "it's only a small job, it won't take 5 minutes",
what wonderful phrases send a chill down your spine?

Look what I got at the auction. It just needs a bit of work doing.

Peter Scott

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ophelia

"Peter Scott" wrote in message

"david lang" wrote in message
.uk...
SWIMBO wandered into the kitchen this morning and said "I've been
looking through the IKEA catalogue".

SHIVERS

Apart from the classic "it's only a small job, it won't take 5
minutes", what wonderful phrases send a chill down your spine?

Look what I got at the auction. It just needs a bit of work doing.

LOL to all the posts. What a wonderful thread)

Ophelia

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Phrases that chill the spine.....

"Ophelia".
Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 11:43:12 GMT, david lang wrote:

SWIMBO wandered into the kitchen this morning and said "I've been looking
through the IKEA catalogue".

SHIVERS

Apart from the classic "it's only a small job, it won't take 5 minutes",
what wonderful phrases send a chill down your spine?

Dave

'Its 60% off'....

......£1500 and still a useless piece of needless junk...

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ophelia

"Chris Bacon" wrote in message
Phrases that chill the spine.....

"Ophelia".

BOO! Scaredy cat

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Ophelia wrote:
"Chris Bacon" wrote...
Phrases that chill the spine.....
"Ophelia".

BOO! Scaredy cat

Gosh, I must've been let out of your killfile for Christmas. Nice
to see actual content in your contributions (on u.f+d.m, anyway),
keep it up, practice makes perfect. Happy New Year, when it comes.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster

david lang wrote:

Apart from the classic "it's only a small job, it won't take 5 minutes",
what wonderful phrases send a chill down your spine?

I've got one:

"SDS drill for under £50?" or other phrases to that effect...

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lobster wrote:
david lang wrote:

Apart from the classic "it's only a small job, it won't take 5 minutes",
what wonderful phrases send a chill down your spine?

I've got one:

"SDS drill for under £50?" or other phrases to that effect...

David

ahhh I tell ya, that bings glowing peace to my heart compared to 'make
your own angle grinder. You'll need one wahsing machine motor...'

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Kav

Shortly before I was nominated to install the new IKEA kitchen into
a 1902 style (ie wonky walls and floor) house.

"Well it would be expensive, but we could save quite a bit of cash if
you did it."

Of course after paying for tools and working out how many hours i'd
spent on the kitchen the original all in quote of 1200 (make units /
install / full replaster / move plumbing) was a fking bargain. I spent
6 months on that kitchen (most of it got finished in the first 4 weeks
:P)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 11:43:12 GMT, "david lang"
wrote:

After completing the decorating:

"I don't like the colour"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

After completing the decorating:

"I don't like the colour"

Lol. Or would that be brings thoughts of strangulation to mind.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ophelia

wrote in message
oups.com...
wrote:

After completing the decorating:

"I don't like the colour"

Lol. Or would that be brings thoughts of strangulation to mind.

but but but.. it often looks different when it is up! G

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 10:47:15 GMT, Ophelia wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
wrote:

After completing the decorating:

"I don't like the colour"

Lol. Or would that be brings thoughts of strangulation to mind.

but but but.. it often looks different when it is up! G

As the actress said to the bishop, stirring her tea with the other hand...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ophelia wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
wrote:

After completing the decorating:

"I don't like the colour"

Lol. Or would that be brings thoughts of strangulation to mind.

but but but.. it often looks different when it is up! G

the words 'tough ---- its your decision, you got it' will not be
uttered. Nor will the wall be repainted. Nor will you ever figure out
why!

NT