DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Best quiet power shower pump?!? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/137382-best-quiet-power-shower-pump.html)

davout December 28th 05 09:02 AM

Best quiet power shower pump?!?

The pump on my power shower has just failed (it's a 'Trevi 45'). I found
this old pump quiet noisy, are there any newer models which are quieter? Or
is there something I can do to the pump location to suppress the noise?

Andy Hall December 28th 05 09:22 AM

Best quiet power shower pump?!?

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 09:02:51 -0000, "davout"
wrote:

The pump on my power shower has just failed (it's a 'Trevi 45'). I found
this old pump quiet noisy, are there any newer models which are quieter? Or
is there something I can do to the pump location to suppress the noise?

Stuart Turner.

All of their models are quite quiet, but they do one (Showermate)
packaged in an insulated container for further reduction.

Putting it on something heavy (e.g. a concrete block) on the floor
will also make a difference.

--

..andy

Christian McArdle December 28th 05 11:17 AM

Best quiet power shower pump?!?

The pump on my power shower has just failed (it's a 'Trevi 45'). I found
this old pump quiet noisy, are there any newer models which are quieter?

Or
is there something I can do to the pump location to suppress the noise?

Yes, rather than using a built in power shower, buy a separate pump and
thermostatic mixer shower. The pump is then installed next to the cylinder.
Looks much nicer, and the pump can do other outlets like multiple showers
and baths if you buy a heavy enough duty one.

Christian.