Default DIY guide for plastering - where?

Does anyone know an online guide for plastering - I have a 3' x 4' new
plasterboard pannel let into a damaged ceiling to plaster and make good with
surroundings.

Thanks

BigWallop

"-0-" wrote in message
Does anyone know an online guide for plastering - I have a 3' x 4' new
plasterboard pannel let into a damaged ceiling to plaster and make good

with
surroundings.

Thanks

Have a read through this:

http://www.diyfixit.com/nflash/build...plastering.htm

And practise.

Philip Wagstaff

I've just done the very same thing. Finding the thicker ceiling board was a
problem. My old ceiling measured 14mm. The best fit I could find was 12mm.

Fitting the board is no problem. Use plasterboard screws rather than nails -
the banging can cause more damage. I did not tape the edges but used
plasterboard sealant, which did a nice job.

In retrospect I think I should have tried putting on a skim to get a closer
match of thicknesses first. I thought, wrongly the Artex finish would bring
it up to the right thickness - you can see it did not!

Getting an Artex pattern match is not easy. With mine (probably the most
common) I had to use a (homemade) wooden float with a sponge layer all
wrapped in cling film. The suction produces an irregular crest effect.

It is a very messy job, particularly if you sand it back later to have
another go.