DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Paint recommendation for new plaster (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/135637-paint-recommendation-new-plaster.html)

Steve Rainbird December 14th 05 11:55 AM

Paint recommendation for new plaster

I have recently had some walls skimmed and now need to paint them.

What white emulsion would you guys recommend so that I can do it in the
least coats possible?

--
Steve

Remove "nospam" from email address to reply to me personally

stevej December 14th 05 02:48 PM

Paint recommendation for new plaster

Be sure they are absolutely dry first of all.

Any emulsion, I have been using the cheap own brand stuff from both B&Q and
Focus recently, with perfect results. Just water down your first coat and
then two thin coats would give a better finish.

HTH
Steve

Jeff December 14th 05 03:38 PM

Paint recommendation for new plaster

"Steve Rainbird" wrote in message
I have recently had some walls skimmed and now need to paint them.

What white emulsion would you guys recommend so that I can do it in the
least coats possible?

Dulux trade supermatt - is ok on walls that are not thoroughly dry as well

Regards Jeff

Peter Johnson December 14th 05 04:32 PM

Paint recommendation for new plaster

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 15:38:35 -0000, "Jeff"
wrote:

What white emulsion would you guys recommend so that I can do it in the
least coats possible?

Dulux trade supermatt - is ok on walls that are not thoroughly dry as well

Or Crown Covermatt or Macphersons' Eclipse, designed for use on new
plaster, allows any residual damp to escape.

Consider sourcing from one of the trade (Crown/Dulux) decorator
centres rather than B&Q etc.

Christian McArdle December 15th 05 05:23 PM

Paint recommendation for new plaster

What white emulsion would you guys recommend so that I can do it in the
least coats possible?

Dulux Trade Supermatt. First coat watered down. 2 coats (including the
watered down one) will be ample and you can paint it already without further
waiting.

Christian.