DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Boiler differential pressure switch (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/135374-re-boiler-differential-pressure-switch.html)

Ed Sirett December 12th 05 11:09 PM

Boiler differential pressure switch

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 22:48:15 +0000, me9 wrote:

The pump flow pressure switch is starting to leak from around the mounting
for the micro switch on my Glowworm complheat boiler.

Is this likely to be fixable, or should I obtain a spare before dismantling.

I wouldn't mind trying to fix it first, but SWMBO can't stand the cold, so I
must get it fixed without losing heat overnight.

What sort of price would I expect to pay for a switch? it may be worth
getting one anyway.

Generally small components like these are rarely more than £20.
The exception being some thermistors from a Manufacturer starting with P.

These type of repairs usually require you releasing the pressure if not
completely draining down the boiler.