DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Restored to Glory (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/134794-restored-glory.html)

Weatherlawyer December 8th 05 10:23 PM

Restored to Glory

The clowns that appeared on the Channel 4 series: Design a Shed or
some-such a programme, had put me off watching that genre of stuff but
I watched most of the BBC series Restored to Glory just now and quite
enjoyed it (to my suprise.)

Anyone else seen it? Last one next week; ...should I?

[email protected] December 9th 05 12:31 PM

Restored to Glory

Weatherlawyer wrote:
The clowns that appeared on the Channel 4 series: Design a Shed or
some-such a programme, had put me off watching that genre of stuff but
I watched most of the BBC series Restored to Glory just now and quite
enjoyed it (to my suprise.)

Anyone else seen it? Last one next week; ...should I?

There's been a lot of discussion about this series over on the Period
Property UK foum
http://www.periodproperty.co.uk/cgi-...sing/forum2.pl

Peter Johnson December 9th 05 03:26 PM

Restored to Glory

On 8 Dec 2005 14:23:58 -0800, "Weatherlawyer"
wrote:

The clowns that appeared on the Channel 4 series: Design a Shed or
some-such a programme, had put me off watching that genre of stuff but
I watched most of the BBC series Restored to Glory just now and quite
enjoyed it (to my suprise.)

Anyone else seen it?

Last night was good, a fine example of achieving a good result on a
limited budget, an owner who was willing to listen and learn, too. Be
interesting to see it when finished. (And last week's was surely an
example of what can happen when there is too much money available.)