Member

Default Fuel leaking into combustion chamber?

Just browsing through the WWW and found the following on a site about oil fired burners

"If you have problems with fuel leaking into the combustion chamber during the off cycle and rumbling when it starts you can add a solenoid to stop this problem. When the pump pressure drops below 80 PSI. a valve should stop the flow of oil, if it doesn't oil will continue to flow if the tank is above the burner."

I think that my bruner does this when it turns on. Also my tank is located above the burner. Has anybody ever come across this scenario? Me thinks that if the oil does leak into the combustion chamber it's an awful waste of oil???
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Scott

"Fatboise" wrote in message

Just browsing through the WWW and found the following on a site about
oil fired burners

"If you have problems with fuel leaking into the combustion chamber
during the off cycle and rumbling when it starts you can add a solenoid
to stop this problem. When the pump pressure drops below 80 PSI. a valve
should stop the flow of oil, if it doesn't oil will continue to flow if
the tank is above the burner."

I think that my bruner does this when it turns on. Also my tank is
located above the burner. Has anybody ever come across this scenario?
Me thinks that if the oil does leak into the combustion chamber it's an
awful waste of oil???

I think that this means you need a new pump. Sounds like
that is causing the leak. If the pump isn't turning no oil should get
through. Does it burn odourlessly and smoothly? I'm not sure what the quote
means by
'rumbling'- perhaps rough burning? If so it is more
likely that the baffle needs cleaning or adjusting.

Peter Scott

Sealing Plastic Fuel Tank 1_Patriotic_Guy Home Repair 5 November 21st 05 06:14 PM
Ohmwork [email protected] Home Repair 36 July 24th 04 01:22 AM
OT Environmentalists may be in deep Kimchee Gunner Metalworking 562 January 6th 04 08:04 AM
White Gas, Coleman Fuel, and Unleaded Gasoline Gunner Metalworking 11 October 6th 03 06:44 AM