Posted to uk.d-i-y
Real Ale

Default DIY double glazing hardware

Our 13 year old upvc double glazing needs a few new handles and
some hinges.

The original installer has long gone and a local fitter 'doesn't fit
that type'

Are there any suppliers of DG hardware for DIY jobs or is it a case of
complete new windows / doors ? Needless to say the local sheds can't
supply.

Chris

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Walker

Real Ale wrote:
Our 13 year old upvc double glazing needs a few new handles and
some hinges.

screwfix carry a small range iirc

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Brentnall

Hi Chris

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 21:54:22 -0000, "Real Ale"
wrote:

Our 13 year old upvc double glazing needs a few new handles and
some hinges.

The original installer has long gone and a local fitter 'doesn't fit
that type'

Are there any suppliers of DG hardware for DIY jobs or is it a case of
complete new windows / doors ? Needless to say the local sheds can't
supply.

Chris

Check your yellow pages...
out here in East Anglia we have a very good local (Ipswich) company
that do nothing but repairs on all sorts of double-glazing - and seem
able to get all the necessary spare parts. Much cheaper than replacing
the whole thing !

Regards
Adrian
Suffolk UK

======return email munged=================
take out the papers and the trash to reply
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Real Ale

Take a look here

http://www.avocet-hardware.co.uk/index.htm