Posted to uk.d-i-y
dbroms

Default Honeywell CM-Zone setup

I am interested to speak to anybody who has installed the cm-zone equipment
( i.e hc60ng,hr80uk,cm67z) .
I have installed the equipment but seem to be having a few problems

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbroms
I am interested to speak to anybody who has installed the cm-zone equipment
( i.e hc60ng,hr80uk,cm67z) .
I have installed the equipment but seem to be having a few problems
I know you posted a little while ago but .....

I've just done an install of CM-Zone in my house, I've four CM67z controllers for the eight zones in the house. Didn't think I was going to eight zones or I might have gone for Hometronic in the first place!

Anyway, quick rundown of the system:

Seven of the zones are radiator driven using the HR80UKs. The last zone is the kickspace heater in the kitchen, the water flow to this goes through a zone valve (2 port valve) controlled by a HC60NG.

I use the inbuilt thermostat in all of the CM67z controllers as quite a few of the rads are boxed in, or it's the kickspace heater.

I have another HC60NG as the boiler controller which replaced the existing room stat.

Overall I am very impressed with the system, once it has settled down. I've turned off the optimised start for the moment as I didn't want yet another thing adding to the mix.

I might still upgrade to Hometronic, going to chat with people at the Homebuilding and Renovating show (+ Smart Home show) at the NEC to work out costs for the upgrade, but I'm expecting c. £1500 (so not cheap!)

What's your experience?

Alan
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S

alan.mullett wrote:

I might still upgrade to Hometronic, going to chat with people at the
Homebuilding and Renovating show (+ Smart Home show) at the NEC to work
out costs for the upgrade, but I'm expecting c. £1500 (so not cheap!)

Hometronic looks very impressive.

Do you know if it is possible to source the parts, rather than the
"consult and commission" service?

Cheers

Tim
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim S
alan.mullett wrote:

I might still upgrade to Hometronic, going to chat with people at the
Homebuilding and Renovating show (+ Smart Home show) at the NEC to work
out costs for the upgrade, but I'm expecting c. £1500 (so not cheap!)

Hometronic looks very impressive.

Do you know if it is possible to source the parts, rather than the
"consult and commission" service?

Cheers

Tim
I wish, the big cost of Hometronic for me now is the commissioning cost which I haven't found a way around.

I've read the commissioning manual which is on Honeywell's web site and it's not exactly hard.

But then anybody just doing supply only would be reducing the profit margin while potentially opening themselves up to lots of agro from less than capable people doing it themselves.

In-ground lawn sprinkler: one zone out of five doesn't work Ray Kostanty Home Repair 2 August 6th 05 12:15 AM
Spinkler system- zone 1 wont shut off Senin Home Repair 2 May 18th 05 06:02 PM
Zone Valves [email protected] UK diy 3 January 18th 05 11:39 AM
Thermostat: Honeywell vs Braeburn Lynn O'Day Home Ownership 10 November 19th 04 09:46 PM
Questions about procedure for installing Honeywell V8043E Zone Valves James M Wiedle Home Repair 2 August 23rd 03 05:53 AM